Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  deanb
      deanb
BUILDIND THE SHIP OF DREAMS AGAIN!

From
Group:
Registered Users
IN THE YEAR 2002 PAPERS SAID THAT WHITE STAR WOULD A MAKE A NEW TITANIC WHICH WOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME WITH THE AUTHENTIC SHIP OF DREAMS.BUT OF COURSE WITH ALL THE MODERN TECHNOLOGY SHIPS HAVE TODAY.IS THIS TRUE?
Posted on: 2007/2/6 11:31
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  AlexGFX
      AlexGFX
Re: BUILDIND THE SHIP OF DREAMS AGAIN!

From
Group:
Registered Users
What's with all these posts of a second ship? Not going to happen.

There have been so many of these so called "Re-buildings" this past decade, and none of the websites for these are still up... Besides with modern laws, the titanic couldn't sail legally.(Atleast thats what I've been told)

Cheers,
Alex
Posted on: 2007/2/6 11:36
  •  starlinegifts
      starlinegifts

From
Group:
Registered Users
As far as I know the 2002 rebuilding plan has been called off. keep in mind that I'm not sure about this. My site is has been open for 2 months and has generated some sales and plenty of questions. What I want to do with this site is to open a restaurant and eventually if the opportunity becomes available to help build another Olympic Class ship. Now if it is named Titanic or not dose not bother me, as long as they give some mention to the history of the "Class".

Alex is correct that with modern ship laws an exact original would not be able to sale legally. All it would be able to do is to be a hotel/resort or something along those lines. Also the price is another deterrant from building the Titanic (about $600,000,000.00) in presnt currency.

Feel free to visit my site at: www.geocities.com/starlinegifts256
I would like to answer your questions promptly.

Thanks,
Joseph M. Lawrence
Posted on: 2007/2/8 2:29
  •  Captain Dan
      Captain Dan

From Maryland, United States
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

deanb wrote:
IN THE YEAR 2002 PAPERS SAID THAT WHITE STAR WOULD A MAKE A NEW TITANIC WHICH WOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME WITH THE AUTHENTIC SHIP OF DREAMS.BUT OF COURSE WITH ALL THE MODERN TECHNOLOGY SHIPS HAVE TODAY.IS THIS TRUE?

I read about this in an issue of Popular Mechanics. I had forgotten the year, but yes, I remember it. A South African investor was the one behind it.

It was to be visually as close as possible above the waterline, with modern luxuries (such as air conditioning). The ship's funnels were to be for decor and ventilation only, with one serving as an actual exhaust port.

Beneath the waterline, it was a completely different ship. A bulbous bow with built in directional props (don't know the technical term) for steering from the front and triple azipods driving the ship (as I recall; it's been five years). The ship was to have diesel electric power if I remember correctly.

I have heard nothing new regarding the Titanic II, so I'd venture that the plans have either been scrapped or he has hit more roadblocks than he originally anticipated.

Daniel
Posted on: 2007/3/28 15:02
  •  starlinegifts
      starlinegifts

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hello everyone!!! The web site www.geocities.com/starlinegifts256 has been very busy over the last month. We are busy developing new products that will be added to the site when they are ready. Current sales have allowed the accounts to have about $100.00 in it.
I know that it is a a far cry from the $600,000,000.00 needed to build an "Olympic class" ship, but at least it is a start. Keep visiting and please send any suggestions and comments to me

Take care,
Joseph Lawrence

Attached file: jpg  logo.jpg (44.69 KB)

14841_460b6345afa6b.jpg 400X249 px
Posted on: 2007/3/29 7:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.