Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic historic
  The Everything Titanic Appreciation Society Welcomes You!

Browsing this Thread:   5 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Shuda
      Shuda

From
Group:
Registered Users
TETAS

Hello! I am starting The Everything Titanic Appreciation Society. This is a place for us Titanic-Fanatics and Titaniacs alike to come together for Titanic, Past, Present, and Future. This can be a place for us to help each other with facts, thoughts, recommendations, etcetera. Each week, a new topic will be posted for people to give their views on. The topics will be relatively random and in no order. Some will be old classics that we've all discussed and some will not be. If you would like to be a member, so-to-speak, just leave a post on here and I'll throw you on the "roster." Recommendations for topic can be submitted through the current week's topic and topics can be "revisited."

One last note, please keep things appropriate and decent, it keeps the website looking nice.

This week's topic: Titanic: A New Musical

Well, we know “Titanic: A New Musical” isn’t all that new anymore, but I was just curious as to how people accepted it here.

I, for one, think it is very good, although fictitious, it does give us a lot of insight into the tragedy and how it affected people of all classes and crew.

From the very beginning, we get an idea of the accomplishment that was felt around the time of the Titanic and the amazing score continues right to the end. We go from April 9 (The day before she sailed) to after the sinking on the Carpathia.

I know some say it’s “disrespectful,” but I don’t think so.

My favorite songs include “How did they build Titanic?” “What a Remarkable Age,” “The Proposal,” “Doing the Latest Rag,” and “Dressed in Your Pajamas in the Grand Salon,” and “To the Lifeboats.”

Every single song carries us along right up the final curtain.

Please share your thoughts on Titanic: A New Musical!

Next weeks topic: UNDECIDED
Posted on: 2007/5/23 4:06
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend
Re: The Everything Titanic Appreciation Society Welcomes You!

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Sure I'll join, but are you going to have your own website? I am confused about "the roster".

As far as the musical, I have never seen it, but I got the soundtrack for Christmas back when I was in highschool. The only song that I can remember is "Ship of dreams" or something.

Even though I have not seen it, I don't think it is disrespectful, in that the Titanic's story is exploited in every other form of media and culture, so why not Brodway?
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2007/5/23 18:32
  •  Shuda
      Shuda
Re: The Everything Titanic Appreciation Society Welcomes You!

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hello

No, there's not a website. It's just somethng that I and some people I know joke about. It's not an actual "organization." Therefore, there is no "roster," that was sarcasim, sorry for confusion. It's really just a place for people to talk about some of those seemingly undisscussed topics.

I have never seen the "actual" musical production, either. I once saw a High School production. It wasn't that bad considering it was High Schoolers.

If you still have your CD, consider listing to it sometime soon. I stopped listening to mine sometime back and one day when I was bored, I put it in my player and it all came rushing back. I think I go in phases with that kind of stuff.

Thanks for your interest, MGY. Nice siggy, by the way.
Posted on: 2007/5/23 22:51
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.