Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
i havent herd of them selling a special tape but if your intrested in seeing the special again the show is on again tonight Wed June 16 at 9:00 pm on national geographic just to let u know if u live on the west coast then i think its on at 8:00 pm ? just check. im going to tape it. Yes i also wanted to see more of the ship and they said that the show was live i thought the whole thing was what a bummer. and the trunk i really want to see what's in it even though i dont like things being salvaged. i also thought that when he said look but dont touch no one is going to listen to that he said it so many times. that was a little too much i thought.

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/16 14:32
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Titanicfreek, That is what I also thought he discussed too much on the crow's nest and the bow of the ship.I also was waiting to see more of the ship. The trunk will probably be brought up, no doubt now that he showed it on TV!!!! I would love to see what mysteries it holds. IMO I think they did too much talking and did not show enough of other parts of the ship. Maybe I expected too much, but I wanted to see some other parts. I am not sure, but I thought I heard they will be selling a tape of the special?
Posted on: 2004/6/16 0:09
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
i thought that te crows nest thing was a little too much he said it like four or five times. I would like to know whats in that trunk even though i think that the artifacts and debris should be left alone. I thought the whole thing was live too! but at the end was live i was upset that they didn't show any other parts of the ship we saw the bow a good couple of times and the bathtub and the crows nest. I also wanted to see what they were talking about when they said ohh but kept the camera on the reporter and Ballard. I thought it was a good show (its about titanic)! i think that we may find out whats in that trunk some day. because whan he pointed all that debris and things out. the salvagers are going to go down there and bring up more things and one of them might be the trunk.

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/15 22:37

From Canada
Group:
Registered Users
I dont have national geographic. They better put it on another channel at some point. I will be very displeased if they dont...
Posted on: 2004/6/15 19:32
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Rosie,
Her email was under "TV specials/documentaries" Ballard's talk in the forum: I copied some of it:

Here are a few tidbits my friend Dea sent me from last nights Ballard Speech:
It was kind of hard to tell if he is going to go back to Titanic or not...he seemed kind of on the fence about it. He explained how the salvage crews have destroyed so much down there from carelessness. He said he placed two plaques on the Titanic, one on the bow and one on the stern. He said the one on the bow is still there, but the salvagers took his stern plaque and placed it inside a toilet on Titanic. He looked sick talking about that...his stern plaque meant the most to him because that's where several people leapt to their deaths.
Posted on: 2004/6/9 17:20
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Rosie,
Her email was under "TV specials/documentaries" Ballard's talk in the forum: I copied some of it:

Here are a few tidbits my friend Dea sent me from last nights Ballard Speech:
It was kind of hard to tell if he is going to go back to Titanic or not...he seemed kind of on the fence about it. He explained how the salvage crews have destroyed so much down there from carelessness. He said he placed two plaques on the Titanic, one on the bow and one on the stern. He said the one on the bow is still there, but the salvagers took his stern plaque and placed it inside a toilet on Titanic. He looked sick talking about that...his stern plaque meant the most to him because that's where several people leapt to their deaths.
Posted on: 2004/6/9 17:20
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Rosie, You are right, I thought I saw a "gate" too. Wow, what else did he not go into description on?

Oh wow, you are not kidding I would love to see what is in that truck/suitcase. Who it belonged to and what mysteries could be in there. Yes, I would love to see a picture of the photogaph in a frame. I did not see that--darn!!!!!

Yes, why did he mostly just keep focused on the bow? I would have loved to see some other parts of the ship. Oh of course now that he showed the things other divers forgot in the debris field, you know they will be salvaged. Maybe we will all get to see eventually what is in that trunk?

I know now where I heard about Ballard's plaque being put in the toilet. When my friend went to see him talk. I will have to email her, I doubt (darn) I saved that email !!!!! I thought she said that is what he said at the convention. One of the salvagers, I think, to spite him(Ballard)
Rosie I will try to find that email from her.
Posted on: 2004/6/9 17:15
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
I taped it, but I'm on PAL system although I think there's a way to convert it over to NTSC.. Then again my Father in law has a dvd burner so he could take it and burn it on to dvd for me therefor it'd be region 2 but if one has a region free player..

Yeah, they did a LOT of talking and that one part live when Ballard and the host were talking and the camera was on them and Ballard goes "Ooh" while looking at the wreck.. I'm like "I wanna see the OOH!" but they kept it on Ballard..

I'd LOVE for them to bring up those artifacts they found. Mainly the suitcase in the debris field where those wine bottles were and the trunk they were showing.. Who knows what could be in there and while Ballard said something to the effect let your mind drift as to what's in there I'm like I don't WANT my mind to let me know what could be in there...BRING IT UP and let's SEE what's in there! My mind will drive me crazy because there's SO many possibilities as to WHAt could be in that trunk. And information as to Who the trunk belonged to... So many questions that could be answered JUST by bringing it up!

You know the part where they showed the woman's shoes and the one little girls shoe with it?? If you look closely there's a photograph in a frame just above it. I can do a screen cap and circle it if you wanna see what I mean.

And he didn't go in the ship once that I noticed...stayed outside it...

There's so much more that we didn't see... They showed the bow alot which really since Ballard said nothing changed I don't see why continue showing it as much, show the rare stuff, the inside of the ship, the debris field...TRY for the stern..

The tub they showed, was that the Captain's bathtub that they showed in Cameron's film during the "Opps someone left the water running"??? Coz if it is then it's become more visible..

Don't know what Ballard is thinking?? Goign back to the wreck and showing things such as the trunk and such on live tv and actually hoping because he says look but don't touch that people are going to follow his wishes?? I'd betcha that soon the Salvagers will go and bring up the trunk and some other things just because Ballard pointed them out.. I know I'd love to see them in person at an exhibit.

Why would someone put the plaque in a toilet??? I didn't hear that.. And why wasn't this mentioned on the show?? He made it sound like somoene took it, don't know what happend to it or who took it. Well it's not like a tourist could just go down and pick it up and there's only so many people who've gone down there....So do a bit of narrowing it down.

Some parts of the ship looked to be worse than the shows I've seen over the past few years.. The bow doesn't look that much changed at the front and I really couldn't tell where the subs had landed where he said they had..

Did you notice when they were at the back of the bow a thing that could have easily been a gate??
Posted on: 2004/6/9 13:22
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Well I don't get the National Grographic Channel, so I have to wait for the special to come out before commenting.

I understand that as he was officially testing US Navy gear, it was considered a US govenment project and therefore he couldn't claim it. make a deal with the devil....
Posted on: 2004/6/8 21:21
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Rosie,
Wow, thanks I am so glad it was not just me that thought it was mostly about Ballard and the host. They did more gabbing didn't they?

Yes, I thought the Crows Nest thing a bit much, kept going back to it.
Well, if he wanted to turn the Titanic into a museum like the Arizona, he should have claimed it you are right. I heard the plaque was put into a toilet somewhere on the ship and he found it there. But, he did not mention that on TV. I read it somewhere?

There were so many new artifacts there that were in the debris field that I would love to see in a museum/exhibit.

So, did you get the feeling the ship had not decayed as much as he thought it would except for a few holes as he said?
Posted on: 2004/6/8 21:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.