Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  3 Votes
Re: why should we build a new titanic?

From TITANIC'S DEEPERS
Group:
Registered Users
we musn't build another TITANIC... cause TITANIC has already history..

n' it's unfair another ship wanna take it...
Posted on: 2005/11/14 1:59
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, Titanic was nothin' more than a symbol of gross extravagance and decadence for the few on top, and the "hopeful drudgery" awaiting those in lowest class.

But all that aside, I've seen nothing so far that really distinguishes your ideas from a long list of others. If all the others failed to materialize, why will yours be different?
Posted on: 2005/10/2 22:20

From Eagan, MN USA
Group:
Registered Users
Your comments are duly noted, but again, I'll kindly disagree with your frivolous statement.

Actually, "Titan" will cost in the $1.1 billion (US) range for construction, so you may want to check your figures. I am very aware of the pricetag.

I am also aware of the board we're assembling who DO bring the "clout" (as you aptly put it) to this project.

And yes, Titanic was a symbol of luxury for the many wealthy people who took passge aboard her, but she was also a symbol of great hope to the many more who sailed below decks for a new life in America. I guess you forgot about those who were actually paying the bills for the White Star Line, Cunard, et all, in those days, eh?

Read your history.

Enough said.
Posted on: 2005/10/2 20:37
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a bunch of euphoric drivel to me. You say you're going to build the world's largest liner? The current largest cost US $800,000,000 just to build. You can put together the money to build something that'd surpass that? It'd take a well-established company in the industry with some serious clout to convince potential creditors to shovel that kind of moolah into a project.

And it seems rather funny to me that you'd want a ship in Titanic's image for the purpose you stated. Titanic wasn't exactly a symbol of charity.
Posted on: 2005/10/2 18:05

From Eagan, MN USA
Group:
Registered Users
Well LeoPlumtree, I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this point.

You do not comprehend, and do not know about our plans to do just that, and before the end of this decade.

Agreed, Titanic was one of a kind, and a newbuild must put her own touch to such a project - and she will. She will in effect be a modern answer to Titanic, with all of the famous features of Titanic incorporated within, as well as the modern amenities today's cruiser wants and expects, but blended with the luxury of the past.

Our non-profit entity will be successful in this effort due to our specific blueprint for success for the company and its future. We will be successful due to our versatile and dynamic board of directors which will provide expertise in finance, non-profits, the cruise industry, hospitality, as well as many other areas.

As far as turning a "profit", we frankly expect to do just that with our plan, though any "profit" will go to support our own as well as other children's charities worldwide. This will be one key of many that will lead to success in this endeavour.

We hope that you will join us!

Thank you!

Joseph Ricker
Posted on: 2005/10/2 6:50
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
It's doubtful any replica will ever be built. A ship such as Titanic couldn't turn a profit in today's market. Something so expensive that wouldn't even offer the comforts and amusement demanded by today's travelers could never, well, "stay afloat." Over the years, we keep hearin' 'bout someone else's great plans to build a new Titanic and it never happens. If such a project were economically feasible, investors wouldn't be hard to find.
Posted on: 2005/10/1 21:30

From Eagan, MN USA
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Jillian,

Thank you for your support of this dream, which through the wide support of people like you, it will come to pass into reality.

I appreciate your comments and suggestions regarding the project.

It is our goal to present "Titan" to the world as an affordable experience, one that will call on the world's port cities for the experience of Titanic, from overnight "Voyages to Nowhere," to shipboard tours, to trans-Atlantic, and eventually trans-Pacific crossings. There will be something for everyone's budget, but the greatest thing is that our company will give back to the world, specifically, its needy children.

I feel that "Titan" will not just be the world's largest liner, one carrying on Titanic's legacy into the future (but NOT replacing it!), but will be a beacon of hope for the world's needy children in many ways. This is the only reason I have decided to proceed with this project, so that no one makes a buck off of all of those lost in the disaster, and that whatever is made indeed goes on to help someone, whether its saving a child from a deadly disease, to feeding a child, to giving a child a home, or to educate them, or certainly not least, to protect them from abuse, whether its at home, or through tyranny.

How anyone couldn't support this is beyond me, but there are those who do, but they are overwhelmed by those who support us, thus the reason I persevere in this quest.

This will be "Titan's" legacy, a "Ship of Ages", as Titanic was the "Ship of Dreams." The good ship.

I hope that you'll visit our website often as we move forward (sstitan.org)!

Thank you!

Joseph Ricker
Posted on: 2005/10/1 4:15
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
At first I was all against this project but know I have changed my mind. There are just a few things I would like to suggest to you about this new Titanic.

1. I would strongly suggest that you don't make it as long as the real Titanic. I would hate for Titanic's main feature, the length, to be lost.

2. Do not copy the Titanic. Do not have all the things Titanic had. Be creative! I personally would not sail on a exact replica of the Titanic, It would destroy the memory of the real one.

3. Make a small museam on the ship dedicated to Titanic. It will really connect with people seeing they are on a ship almost like the passengers were.

4. Have passengers pay a fare, but not a expensive one. Not everybody is rich.

5. Have the ship depart from different places and not just Southampton. I am from Canada and I do not want to have to fly to another country to go on the ship. You could have the ship depart from Halifax or something.

I hope these suggestions are useful to you.

Good luck with the Titan!
Posted on: 2005/9/30 13:59

From Eagan, MN USA
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Kyle,

You know, I am really curious as to why the resentment you have shown to a project which can be such a positive thing for so many.

This is an effort that will succeed, and personally, I really don't understand your line of thinking regarding this.

Can you explain your stance beyond one-liners, or are you just close-minded?

Joseph Ricker
Posted on: 2005/9/30 6:20

From Crooksville,Ohio and Zanesville,Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
That is hopefully not going to happen.
Posted on: 2005/9/30 1:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.