Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
  •  AlexGFX
      AlexGFX
Looking for Titanic references.

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hello all,

first I'd like to say that it's a pleasure joining this community and from the looks of it everyone is very helpful and friendly :)

The reason I'm here, however, is I'm in the process of creating a 3d replica of the titanic. It's for an interactive multimedia project I'm doing for my college thesis. The jist of it is, it's a full scale, exact replica of the titanic, you'll be able to walk around and live on the titanic.

Now I'm in the R&D stage(Research and Development). This is where I need help! I'm in no way a titanic buff, I've always been interested and entrigued by the ship, but never really learned a lot about it. I've purcahsed about 6 DVDs on it, and they should arrive in about a week.

If anyone has any reference(Pictures, Videos, Stories of actual titanic events) I'd love to see or hear them! I want this to be an exact replica, and for it to be that I need to know a lot about the ship.

So here's where you guys can help me, if you'd like to do so

If you have pictures of video's to send me, simply drop me an e-mail at: AlexGFX(at)mac(dot)com or you can just post what you have here in the forums! :)

Heres stuff I'm looking for right now:

Pictures of the Deck, Cabins, and virtually every aspect of the ship(Note: I have over 4 gigs of photos on the ship right now, but any and all pictures sent to me are helpful and grateful :))

Blueprints: Know where I can buy replica blueprints? Have any in digital format? Please let me know.

Also a huge huge huge help would be scale. How big was the ship? as-well If you have any front/side/top views of the titanic, they are a great help in the development stage(Orthographic Views, meaning perfectly in front, side, top or even behind.)

I thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from some of you soon :)

Cheers,
Alex

PS; If this is in the wrong section, I'm terribly sorry.
Posted on: 2007/1/31 21:57
Create PDF from Post Print
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Looking for Titanic references. MGY Friend 2007/1/31 23:00
       Re: Looking for Titanic references. rip1912 2007/2/1 5:28
         Re: Looking for Titanic references. AlexGFX 2007/2/1 11:20
           Re: Looking for Titanic references. AlexGFX 2007/2/2 4:10
             Re: Looking for Titanic references. MGY Friend 2007/2/2 14:19
               Re: Looking for Titanic references. rip1912 2007/2/5 19:05
                 Re: Looking for Titanic references. AlexGFX 2007/2/6 5:13
                   Re: Looking for Titanic references. rip1912 2007/2/6 7:01
                     Re: Looking for Titanic references. redairborne22 2007/2/6 16:20
                       Re: Looking for Titanic references. AlexGFX 2007/2/7 2:33
                         Re: Looking for Titanic references. redairborne22 2007/2/8 16:20
                           Re: Looking for Titanic references. AlexGFX 2007/2/8 17:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.

Copyright © 2006-2012 Titanic.com
Home Photos Advertise Link to us Flower Box