Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  nutty_3001
      nutty_3001
STANLEY LARD

From manchester U K
Group:
Registered Users
DUS ANYONE KNOW WHERE CAPTAIN LORD WASN LAYED TO REST .

I HERD SUMTIME A GO THE THERE WAS A TEEM GOING TO PHOT THE WRECK OF THE CARPATHIA. DUS ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAY FOND
AND IF THAY WILL BE BRING A BOOK OR FILM OUT OF WHAT THAY FOND PLES E-MAIL ME ON
Posted on: 2004/4/8 23:59
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know if you were asking 2 diffent questions or have the 2 mixed up in relations. It sounds like you think Stanley Lord was captain of the Carpathia but he was the captain of the Californian. The Carpathia's Captain was Arthur Rostron. But I might have just read your question wrong and you had 2 questions (where as Lord buried and about if they found anything on the Carpathia)

But anyways, to answer your question,
Captain Stanley Lord, master of the Leyland Liner the Californian on the night of April 14/15, 1912. Died in 1962. He has a grave in Rake Lane Cemtery #22C 307. - New Brighton Cheshire, Wirral.

As for a book or film on the Carpathia, chances are they'll probably eventually make a documentory about it, just like they do the majority of shipwrecks found. If one hasn't been made already.. I've just looked on Discovery Channel.com and nothing came up.. Nothing on National Geographic either... Maybe one hasn't been made yet but I think that there has been... not sure though
Posted on: 2004/4/9 0:39
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Nutty, pleaase don't use all caps - it's the equivelant of shouting, and hard to read, OK? Thanks.

The wreck of the [i:f6f4772788]Carpathia [/i:f6f4772788] was found in 1999, and as far as I know no plans exist to photograph her, although it might be someone is planning to do so.
Posted on: 2004/4/9 1:04
  •  nutty_3001
      nutty_3001
STANLEY LARD

From manchester U K
Group:
Registered Users
I was just asking where stanley lard was buried. i know that he is the Capain of the Cailfornian and not the Carpathia
Posted on: 2004/4/9 23:17
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Sorry, your question was unclear. This would normally be a walk in the park, but my usual source for this stuff is offline. He died January 24, 1962, and as all his family were in Bolton and Little Bolton, Lancashire, that would be my guess as to where he was buried. I'll see if I can get the name of the chuchyard, but no guarantees....
Posted on: 2004/4/10 1:12
  •  nutty_3001
      nutty_3001
STANLEY LARD

From manchester U K
Group:
Registered Users
Thank teamtunafish that would be grat if u cane find out .

u see i live in manchester UK an bolton so it just down the road frome

where r u frome ?
Posted on: 2004/4/10 1:43
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I'm in Arlington, VA, which is just across the river from W ashington, DC. How exciting you live near Bolton! Have you thought of checking the Hall of Records (or County Clerk) in the district? As he is probably buried near there, they would probably be able to give you some leads on this - you're a lot closer than I am! Besides, they get so thrilled to help an historic investigation.

He had several sons, so you might want to go to your local library and see if you can find anything about them in the newspaper, also.
http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/4055971480/fetch/31791/ has a list of them.

Of course, that's an 1881 census and a [i:afe8bd5bed]bit[/i:afe8bd5bed] out of date, but it's a starting point.
Posted on: 2004/4/10 2:08
  •  nutty_3001
      nutty_3001
titanics bandmaster

From manchester U K
Group:
Registered Users
Thank u for that

And it just pop on the moterway frome where i live then im in Colne, lancashire. where Wallace Hartley is buried . iv not bin yet but wil when get the time
Posted on: 2004/4/10 2:21
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Well, if you do, I would [i:e873311c42]love[/i:e873311c42] for you to post some pics of it here.
Posted on: 2004/4/10 2:22
  •  nutty_3001
      nutty_3001

From manchester U K
Group:
Registered Users
I will . iv all so be Hanley to see where captain e j smith cum from to liverepool to see the White star line office an moor got phots of all of the site
Posted on: 2004/4/10 2:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.