Upcoming auction at Haldridge and sons on April 8th 2005
Interview with Andrew from Haldridge and Son for the Upcoming auction at Haldridge and Son on April 8th 2005
See more about the event at:
1. Compared to the last Titanic auction held by Aldridge & Sons , are there more parties that offer objects up for auction?
We are the premier auctioneers of Titanic and White star items in the world holding two dedicated sales a year.
2. Do you know how large the auction will be in terms of floor space?
There are 312 lots for auction ranging from Ã‚Â£10 upto Ã‚Â£20000 but in terms of floorspace approx several hundred feet.
3. Are you seeing more high profile items being auctioned than last time?
The most high profile item in the sale is without doubt the 12 minute film of Titanic and the aftermath of the disaster, this has attracted world wide publicity, equally important though is a unique schematic blue print of Titanic which is estimated at upwards of Ã‚Â£15000. The film has been covered by newspapers and television across the world.
4. Do you think that arranging the auction in UK gives you advantage over the other Auction houses like Guernseys in New York
with factors like certifying the authenticity by means of consulting family members or society groups?
As the premier auctioneers of Titanic memorabilia in the world, we are able to offer vendors access to the worlds top buyers of Titanic memorabilia globally attracting world record prices such as Ã‚Â£51000 for an onboard Titanic menu.
5. Do you know if items recently auctioned at auctions will be coming back in the collection? And price technically do you predict these items will go up in value?
From our experience the marketplace is very buoyant at the moment with interest in our auctions increasing all of the time.
8. Can you name a few unique items for this event before it unfolds?
Yes to name but a few, the 12 minute Titanic film which is the longest period film of the time taken is expected to realise Ã‚Â£8000-Ã‚Â£12000, the Titanic blueprint is estimated at Ã‚Â£15000-Ã‚Â£20000 and there are numerous other significant items from the ship and passengers for auction on April 8th.
9. How many people can the auction event in Southampton handle.
We generally have several hundred people view and participate in the auction.