Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  13 Votes
Re: The Twins

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Who are you addressing when you say

'you've gone and pissed me off'.

In regards to when you say stop running to you for help, as far as am aware it was America that asked us Brits to help you out. Eventhough you make up 90% of the soldiers in Iraq we in Britain have supported you through it, in defience of most european counteries sneering at us. When your forces had to go in and get those insergents recently you asked us to block their retreat and we obliged. We allow you to take control of our guys and girls in certain areas of iraq, purley to make it easier for you.
We in Britain don't see you as a big evil, most of us don't like Bush that's all. But sufice to say he does't bother me.

Very true if 9/11 happend in an other country as big a deal would of been made of it.

I don't see that the Americans supposedly sticking there noses into everything is so bad, so long as we don't constantly have to hear about it. Thats the only reason you are not well liked (even to us Brits your top alie) we constantly get bombarded with American ideals on a daily basis some of them good, some bad it ticks people off.

But no matter how annoying you get knowone can justify Killing thousands of people at work. INOCENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2005/2/5 21:37
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  kjbevin
      kjbevin

From
Group:
Registered Users
First I want to say that everyone is entilted to their own opion and I usually don't make comments with regards to the way people feel about Americans because I know that we are a country that sticks our nose in everyone else's business but you've gone and pissed me off.

If you think that 9-11 was not a big deal than their is something wrong with you as a human being. If it had happened anywhere else it would have been a tragedy and history would be changed.Lets remember every time another country needs help who do they run too. The united States if we are such the " Big Evil" stop running to us for help.

Alot of Americans do not agree with the war in Iraq but we stand and support our soilders because they have NO CHOICE they HAVE to be there.

To all of you out there that has stood up for what happened on 9-11 thank you.

Someone said that America was naive and we were but we are not anymore.

And no one not one country in this world Deserved to go through 9-11
Posted on: 2005/2/5 21:09
  •  brian412
      brian412

From Ohio,United States
Group:
Registered Users
Very agreeable Nat. But,I don't think a lot of people would want to watch a movie about 9/11. Even though there have been a few documentaries about it. I know what happened and I don't really want to see it again.
Posted on: 2005/2/2 3:39
  •  Nat
      Nat

From Hastings, England
Group:
Registered Users
I think eventually there will be a movie about 9/11 but not yet as it is still a sensitive issue.
Maybe many years in the future just like years later there were movies about the Wars and Titanic made but maybe that was just cause technology wasn't about then.
I hope for many families out there that films aren't made about 9/11 and the tsunami disasters yet but with many disaster films already being made, who's to say some heartless twat won't make the film?
P.S I agree with many of you, Titanic and the Tsunami were disasters and 9/11 were pure hate.
Posted on: 2005/2/1 14:00
  •  thekillers16
      thekillers16
very old titanic book

From
Group:
Registered Users
i have a book.....The sinking of the titanic and great sea disasters...it was published in 1912 by L.T. Myers and the dedication says that 1635 souls were lost so u can tell that it was writen right after the titanic sank...so if anyone is interested just e-mail me
Posted on: 2005/1/23 23:36
  •  Birdsnest
      Birdsnest
Re: Ghosts of the Pinnacle

From
Group:
Registered Users
Great point Twinsday
Posted on: 2005/1/19 15:07

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
just saw somethin interesting apparantley the terrorists chose that day in accordince with the USA emergency code. U know 911 and the date it happened 9/11. Problem with this is that every date world wide could mean somethin will happen. A do hope another tradigy like Titanic and 9/11 is averted but according to many people both expert and just general citizen all agree somethin will happen again.

God please let them be wrong!
Posted on: 2005/1/16 16:46

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
No one can explain there motives they where all brain washed they see the USA as an evil force. But even in their religion it teaches Evil cant be stopped with Evil. It does my head in when they use Alah (forgive spelling) as an excuse. One of ma friends is a muslim and he is sneered at even over here in scotland. True the americans can't say this was done for no reason but in my view killing innocent people is just beyond societies limits and cant at all be justified.

Posted on: 2005/1/16 16:42

From
Group:
Registered Users
A very interesting discussion.
Posted on: 2005/1/16 13:55
  •  twinsday
      twinsday
Ghosts of the Pinnacle

From
Group:
Registered Users
I believe tragedies are more focused than others by HOW they occur, not necessarily by the death tolls. Some tragedies are unheeded because little is known about them. Both the Titanic and World Trade Center disasters were ironic. Although it is said that God was in control, He is not responsible for all that bad things that happen. We can make a positive difference in the world. Don’t blame God for everything that happens. The Twin Towers were never said to be indestructible at all. The architect Minoru Yamasaki only said that the towers symbolized world peace toward humanity. Natural disasters and war are common causes of great loss of life. The destruction of the Twin Towers seems to be more different and ironic. If you didn't, think about it - 3000 innocent people at work perishing and jumping to their deaths all at once in just a few hours, resulting from enormous, famous, symbolic skyscrapers getting hit by jets, burning, collapsing in seconds, and being gone forever in an instant flash. Even though 3000 is very small compared to death tolls of several other tragedies, some people said it doesn't matter how many people died because every single loss of life was painful.

Here are the principles that make up my theory of tragedy:

1. Tragedy usually brings out the best in people (heroism).

2. Survivors of tragedy may either feel lucky and grateful or guilty that they lived while so many others died (survivor's guilt).

3. In every tragedy, there are personal stories of survival and experience.

4. Tragedy can change an individual emotionally.

5. People usually react to tragedy in sorrow, shock, disbelief, fear, and amazement.

6. Tragedies can show people what can happen when warnings go unheeded.

7. Tragedies are a grim reminder that the unthinkable can happen.
Posted on: 2005/1/16 3:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.