Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
a concern
Guest_Anonymous
Hi!

I wasn't sure where to address my concern or to whom so I decided to start here. I live in Alabama and have been recently reminded of a company that provides equipment and carnival-like games for school functions or children's birthdays, etc. They provide moonwalks and slides, etc. and one of the slides is called The Titanic Adventure Slide designed to look like the Titanic sinking and the children then slide down 25ft.
The first time I saw this was from the interstate in Texas several years ago. There was a carnival near the interstate and I was immediately taken back. I was going to try to contact someone then but got caught up in my own drama and forgot about it. SO, several years later I am reminded of it.

I am appalled at this and would LOVE to see it done away with. My friend's school is having it as part of their fundraiser and for the life of me I can't imagine WHY a school would have something like this. Am I overreacting? Will you please leave your thoughts? I'm really bothered by this!

Sincerely,
Peggy Owen
Posted on: 2003/5/1 0:00
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Hmm
Guest_Anonymous
Hmm, OK... I tried to originally post using my username of POwen and it said that it had already been taken SO... I tried Poodlehead and it worked.

Jelle, I sent you a private message before I tried this so please disregard it!

Thanks,
Peggy Owen
Posted on: 2003/5/1 0:03
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
titanic slide
Guest_Anonymous
I think that slide is a disgrace. People should have more respect for the families of Titanic's victims and have respect for the victims as well.
Posted on: 2003/7/10 5:55
  •  Squall
      Squall

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with you (^^^), it's a lack of respect for the dead and the families of the victim. 'Poodlehead' I for one certainly agree with your concern. Would a petition get it taken away?

If it is to be used as a slie, these kids should be educated on the subject and not only will they learn about the Titanic, but maybe they'll think twice before sliding down it again!
Posted on: 2003/8/24 2:35
  •  lovinlife
      lovinlife
a concern reply

From Northern Kentucky
Group:
Registered Users
No I don't think you are over reacting at all. It was a terrible disaster with so much lose of life. The idea that that carnival type rides for FUN based on this disaster is being exploited for money it unexceptible. I agree with you 100%
Posted on: 2003/8/28 5:01
  •  Will
      Will

From
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know how I could have overlooked this post for so long, but now that I have found it, I must speak out. This is just one more example of how insensitive and callous people can be. To exploit such a tragedy for profit in the name of intertainment is certainly something that needs to be addressed. If <poodlehead> knows where a petition should be sent to properly advise the persons involved, or better yet, a legislative branch that would have direct concern, let us know and I for one will begin to circulate such a petition. Please keep us advised.
Will
Posted on: 2003/10/14 19:39
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
here is a liink to the slide,

www.planetxinc.com/p9.html

i think its absolutly disgusting, three of my ancestores died on that ship and its like the people who made this slide are making a joke of their death and all the other people who died that night.
Posted on: 2003/10/17 21:53
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
This thing has been around a while, and everyone hates it. Even worse is going on it - who in the world would [i:016134333c]want[/i:016134333c] to slide down a thing like that - and I understand the deluxe model even has an iceberg at the bottom!
Posted on: 2003/10/21 18:40
  •  SusanVA
      SusanVA

From VA
Group:
Registered Users
This is SICK! Makes me wonder if in 90 years they'll have a World Trade Center slide. Sounds harsh I know, but isn't it the same thing?
Posted on: 2004/1/17 5:20
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Yes, it is sick, but it also reveals on of the basic human coping mechanisims; a sense of humor. Don't forget the Challenger jokes that went around.

Oh, and DO NOT go on this thing if you see it. I don't usually mind slides, but if you're on that one, the end of that night DOES come back to haunt you.
Posted on: 2004/1/17 13:22
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.