Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
does Titanic (1997) look a little dodgey

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I always liked the movie but a week ago I watched it and it looks well 'naff' a know of a directors cut and if anyone knows can u tell me if the original and the new footage of the digital ship has been redone and if the parts that they used the small model for have been redone in CG. It looks bad if u look at the take her to see part the computer peoples feet dont touch the ground if lord of the rings is anything to go buy then vast improvements can be made. What do u think
Posted on: 2005/1/6 21:09
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  BlueSkies777
      BlueSkies777
Re: does Titanic (1997) look a little dodgey

From
Group:
Registered Users
I agree that some of the computer effects can be better. BUT, I have no problem with them.

If I were James Cameron I wouldn't change a single thing on the film. I would put the deleted scenes in but not touch anything up. The only things that look a bit "dodgy" are the smoke on the miniature Titanic, and the digital people on the mini Titanic. People thought the water looked fake, like blurry on some shots, but I don't really see anything wrong with it.

The only other thing I would say that bothered me was the cut out lines that separate the actors and the digital backround on some of the sinking shots. Those are only really noticable on the DVD because the image is sharper than film or tape.

But like I said, I want the Titanic I saw in 1998 on the big screen. No touch ups, no fixing, not digital erasing... Nothing. Please Cameron don't change anything!
Posted on: 2005/1/7 0:38
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.