Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  dejablu110
      dejablu110

From Tampa FL
Group:
Registered Users
[color=blue:c650232ff0][/color:c650232ff0][b:c650232ff0]3

:? Titanic II wouldnt be all that difficult really... there are ships now days that would make the old titanic miniscule in comparison, especially these new cruise ships. I believe it would be a grand idea, actually, and would make lots of money, in my opinion. Just the novelty and fantasy would bring people in. Imagine taking a cruise on the replica of the grandest ship of our time and the economy it would bring to a certain port and shipyard building it. I could go on and on with the pluses this idea could bring in.....and it isnt that difficult to build.....really......not these days!!!![/b:c650232ff0]
Posted on: 2003/12/26 21:44
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I once worked for a bank that actually went into this as a proposition. It won't happen, for a lot of reasons, but the principal ones are:

- Too much money, too little room. Those staterooms in First Class are barely acceptable now, in size, no matter how large they seemed when the ship was built.

- No bathrooms. A grand total of [i:6e7e89aae4]nineteen[/i:6e7e89aae4] cabins (I just counted) had bathrooms [i:6e7e89aae4]en suite[/i:6e7e89aae4]. Everyone else shared bathrooms down the hall. How many people do you know would be willing to do that today?

- Nothing to do. They had one tennis court, indoors, one pool, small, a library that consisted of one case of books, and a reading and writing room. The other diversions on board were walking, talking, eating, and smoking. That's it. No theater, no movies, no shuffleboard, [i:6e7e89aae4]nuthin'[/i:6e7e89aae4]. The passengers were dependant on their own resources the whole trip.

- The safety standards. Besides not enough lifeboats, the fire control eqipment wasn't acceptable, there was no radar, etc., etc., etc.

- Too few cabins, no matter how you redistributed the second- and third-class space. Modern ships are huge for a reason - it don't pay if they're not.

- After the first two or three years of [i:6e7e89aae4]Titanic[/i:6e7e89aae4] buffs taking the trip, what then? It's a small ship, and even if we kept her busy (they estimated about $10,000 a pop, btw, for a one-way ticket if it was to be profitable) for three to five years, the estimated ship's life is twenty to thirty - what do they do to her? It would be a [i:6e7e89aae4]very[/i:6e7e89aae4] expensive ship to recreate, don't forget.

I could go on, but I'll quit now - those were the biggest objections. If you want the full list, e-mail me.
Posted on: 2003/12/29 21:15
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.