Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  14 Votes
  •  chwilliams14
      chwilliams14
yes it was from that web page

From
Group:
Registered Users
yes it was from that web page and i clicked somewere on that web page and it came out and said all of this crap and said titanic 2 started to get built in 2002 and will be finnished by 2005........
so what that meen then
ha
and by the way it hasnt got to 2005 yet so you still got a year to wait to see if it is true or not...........

Posted on: 2004/2/25 22:48
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  chwilliams14
      chwilliams14
yes it was fron that web page

From
Group:
Registered Users
and it said titanic2 was started in 2002 and it should be finnished in 2005 and it hasnt hit 2005 so you dont no yet if it is true so 1 year to wait...........
Posted on: 2004/2/25 22:51
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I do not think anybody would build a Titanic 2 in secret because of the money it would cost to build her, to be honet I can't see a Titanic 2 being very profitable because of the huge cost to build her, many people would be to scared to sail on her, Intrest in Titanic has fallen recently (as intrest in the film has fallen).
Modern regulations would change the design of the ship considerably, a new regulation coming into effect is ships can only be built with non-flammable materials (which has effected QM2), it would make the grand staircase look like a movie set, If Titanic 2 was anywhere near the same size as Titanic, there is no way lifeboats would be allowed to be lowerd from the same height.
Since the release of Titanic 1997, many people have claimed they were going to build her but there is no official evidence of a Titanic 2 being built.

All the best,

Tom Dyer
Posted on: 2004/2/25 23:41
  •  thunderking
      thunderking
titanic 2

From montreal, canada
Group:
Registered Users
HI, i,m new member here and a very great fan of the titanic , you speak about titanic 2 after some research I found in old magasine(1999) the cunard line promise to built another titanic (same like 1912)in 2012, 100 years birthday sink of the original, do they respect her promise...not sure , is very hard to build 1912 technology!!! and what do you want make whit this shipp, is not everybody who want make trip whit 1912 commodity???but alot of people want visit this beautyful boat!! me the first!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2004/6/3 1:47
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
TK, this has been adressed in another thread, but as I can't find it, and I saved the thing for just this type of inquiry, you are about to get Lee's world-famous [i:437afb08cc]Titanic[/i:437afb08cc] rant.

Anyone else who has read the original, go elsewhere, this will be a word-for-word copy.

I worked at a privately-owned bank in Richmond for a while, right after Ballard had found the ship. For some reason, a lot of the ship-making loans from around Norfolk were made there. We went through three, I said three, Titanic II applications that year. The idea won't float - pun intended. We did a feasability study on the first one - then just kept it around, as the others wouldn't believe (we did retype the first page). The ship would need extensive alteration in order to comply with current health and safety regulations, including radar and sonar as well as certain things being required to be handled by computer (all the fire and safety systems, etc.), which was after the point in time I'm discussing, but are now required. Then there's the idea of making money off this thing - which is, after all, what bankers do.

Who would be the passengers on such a ship? At the moment, she is too small to be a money-making passenger ship, unless you charged exorbitant amounts of money - and for what? The "luxurious travel" of 1912 doesn't hold up today - at all. First of all, the quarters - most the first-class quarters shared bathrooms. So there's a major refit right there - and forget Third Class altogether.

OK, let's say we go ahead and make all the rooms the equivelant of First Class, with bathrooms. Now what are you going to have the passengers do? Please don't forget that the main pleasures were walking the decks, talking (excuse me, "social intercourse" ) and eating - they spent the entire evening, every day, eating! And changing clothes. Boy, did they change clothes.

Which means, as public spaces, we have a place to read books, a place to write letters, a place to walk around the ship or sit and have a bit of broth and biscuit, and two places to eat in First Class, one place in Second, and one in Third. Period. No cinema, no real bar, no golf, no shuffleboard, one - repeat one - swimming pool, inside, 1/4 Olympic length, and one squash court. That's it folks, them's the amenities!

So now you are going to ask people to spend thousands on one-way trips in this?Or cruises? And who, pray tell, will be the clients? Yes, the first year (if you're lucky) all the Titanic enthusiasts in the world will sign on for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. This doesn't give much for the return-trip crowd a lot of modern cruises plan for. So who next? Who would want to sail on this thing?

At a dead minimum, at this point you need to spend at least half-to three-quarters what you needed originally to re-outfit her as a normal cruise ship. What's the point? Build a modern one immediately and be done with it - who needs to waste what little profit you would make - and in the cruise-ship buisness, trust me we are talking peanuts - to build this thing? Threre are not enough Titanic enthusiasts in the world to make this critter profitable.

It's dead in the water, pun intended. Trust me.
Posted on: 2004/6/3 4:37
  •  thunderking
      thunderking

From montreal, canada
Group:
Registered Users
ok,probably you have reason on that ...
Posted on: 2004/6/4 0:51
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
Im sorry to disapoint some of you but i was watching a show and they had the new president of the titanic II and they are building a new one. The new ship is going to be called Titanic II and the ship will look exactly like the original one with the grand staircase and every thing they will have enough life boats the ship is going to be a couple inches longer or feet longer and the ship will be ready to sail soon. The ship will be sailing on the same route the titanic took and will be sailing in April the same week the real titanic set sail. The president said "The titanic will finish her madien voyage from South Hampten, England untill she reaches New York she will finish her madien voyage"

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/14 22:20
  •  thunderking
      thunderking

From montreal, canada
Group:
Registered Users
not sure of that titanicfreek , because nobody can built this ship in top secret!!! and for built a ship it,s take a lot of workers ,and not sure all keep this secret... this is my opinion
Posted on: 2004/6/20 2:10
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
i dont think that they are building the ship in secret because they had a shpw on tv about it and the president was talking all about it so they are building it thats what the president said

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/21 0:17
  •  richard murphy
      richard murphy
titanic 2

From
Group:
Registered Users
i think we can forget about the concept of titanic 2 for now. ithink it just would have been the old style hull design. {sort of like a 57 chevy body ,with all of the 2004 technology inside} i would have liked to have seen it materialize. just think ! the thrill for all of us to board in queenstown or cherbourg and follow the original path through the iceberg zones and on to new york. i would mortgage my house in a minute and maybe even buy a tux for the occasion.
Posted on: 2004/6/27 1:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.