•  numbthepain
      numbthepain
Re: To Mr_smith77706

From East Dublin, Georgia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lilcandycane wrote:
making a profit from people's terrible death..how sad that you think that would be cool

Did i say it was cool? retard
Posted on: 2006/10/18 14:57
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
You know, if they really wanted to build another ship, why not re-build another RMS Olympic?

That way, you have a ship that is almost identical to Titanic, and at the same time it would not be exploiting the disaster as much.

Besides, I would not want to tempt fate by sailing a Titanic replica on her same route as they were aparently planning.

The Olympic replica could serve the public as a vessel that would give the feeling of being onboard the Titanic as the original one did after 1912.

It could also serve the public intenterest out there that is not just for Titanic, but all nautical / steamship enthusiasts. Heck, make it a floating museum like the Queen Mary!
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2006/10/18 14:26
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
making a profit from people's terrible death..how sad that you think that would be cool
Posted on: 2006/10/18 11:52
  •  numbthepain
      numbthepain

From East Dublin, Georgia
Group:
Registered Users
People say if they made a new titanic, it would not look like the old one becuase they would have to make it look like modern day ships to compete with compettion. Well when you think about it, if they made and exact replica ( and they could easily because they have blueprints ) imagine the people who would travel on it. Movie stars, everyone. Whoever built it would make a fortune off of it.
Posted on: 2006/10/18 3:05

From Orange, VA (U.S.A.)
Group:
Registered Users
While this bit of news is not about Titanic, it's still ship news.

The SS Noway is being stripped of her furnishings (tables, chairs, etc.),in preparation for dismantling. It maybe a while though before the breakers actually start cutting her up, due to the asbestos onboard. I found this very sad. Another fine ship being sent to the junkyard! I know you can't save them all, but it's still heart breaking!

Go to http://ss-norway.com/ to read more on this heart breaking story.

Attached file: jpg  Norway02.jpg (112.93 KB)

12247_453346d3310db.jpg 800X498 px
Posted on: 2006/10/16 9:46

From Orange, VA (U.S.A.)
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

$titianica$ wrote:
...Does anyone know of the ship ANDREA DORIA??It was hit on the side and tipped by shelckton the ship!!!

Sure do! 1956 Andrea Doria and the Stockholm collided just off Nantucket. Sadly, the wreck of the Andrea Doria has collapsed and deteriorated badly, mainly due to the currents and nature. I'm sad to say that I think the Andrea Doria will deteriorate before the Titanic.

Attached file: jpg  andreawreck_thennow.JPG (50.04 KB)

12247_452d89fcc9b69.jpg 1050X331 px
Posted on: 2006/10/12 1:19

From Tampa
Group:
Registered Users
Another ship or another move is being made??Are you serious???I'll have 2 do sum research.I have a book and i loved the titanic my grandpa rode it.Does anyone know of the ship ANDREA DORIA??It was hit on the side and tipped by shelckton the ship!!!
Posted on: 2006/10/11 23:43
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane
Re: Yes its ture Titanic 2 is being made!! in South Africa!!!!!

From
Group:
Registered Users
I still think it was phillips job to get that message where it belonged..the last message to come in was from a ship trapped 17 miles ahead in ice, he was in cape race and since the other ship was close, the message came in LOUD and clear..and he sut them off, took the message and didn't deliver it. I think alot of people dropped the ball, and i was just pointing out that blaming just one person is silly...If Phillips had lived I'm sure he would have to take flack for him not delivering the last message.
Posted on: 2006/10/6 2:23
  •  starlinegifts
      starlinegifts
Re: Yes its ture Titanic 2 is being made!! in South Africa!!!!!

From
Group:
Registered Users
The last that I have heard is that any players from before was going to shelv their plans to build an Olympic class ship. Mostly why these plans have fallen through is because of finacial problems in the beginning of their plans. My information is a few years old and their could be other people making plans to build a ship by now, such as yourself.
i am interested in the comeing years to possibly help finance a progect if the opportunity presents itself on my side. Keep me informed of your progress. my e-mail is:

Best wishes,
Matt Lawrence
Posted on: 2006/10/6 2:12
To Mr_smith77706

From California
Group:
Registered Users
Here is where I come in.

According to my research regarding Mr. Jack Phillips, you can't possibly blame Phillips for the sinking. At least not entirely. Back in those days Wireless telegraphy was a competition and some telegraphers were sometimes rude to one another. Phillips was stuck with a whole sack of messages that needed to be delivered. (That was one mistake the Ti made. The telegraphy should have only been used for receiving and delivering messages that were of extreme importance and not as a luxury for the first class passengers to send). Anyways, some of the telegraphists would grab a pile of books and place them on the tap, so when that happened the frequency on the other persons headphone would be full blast and hurt the other person's ear. This happened to Phillips a lot of times, he also kept getting interrupted by other signals, he didn't have the luxury to get Sunday off, his schedule was pretty rigourous, he worked from 8am to 2pm and 8 pm to 2 am. Just sitting there typing away without much of rest and eat. Which eventually contributed to his death. I can't quite recalled where I got this information from, it was from a book that I read long ago.

Phillips did his job. He delivered all 3 ice warnings and only dismissed one, after all he thought that all 3 had been posted at the bridge, what he didn't know was that only one had been posted. I'm not saying that Phillips didn't have a part of fault, he did, for such an abrupt behaviour. But so did some of the characters that particpated in the Ti. Why did Smith and Ismay ignore most of the ice warnings? Why did the California dismiss the fireworks?

Phillips was tired and frustrated, but then again who wouldn't in his position. At least HE made up for what he ignored at staying in his post until the lights were out.

-Rose (Kate Winslet)
Posted on: 2006/9/23 7:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.