Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  edward9139
      edward9139
Re: Artifacts sold...

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
just about the only one that i'm not against is one where you take all of the NY Yankees stuff and burn it out in public where everyone can admire it's natural beauty. i mean, that's where it belongs isn't it? if you can call that salvaging then i'm all for it. lol. anyone else?
Posted on: 2005/4/7 21:24
Create PDF from Post Print

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I agree, but Bill gates is still alive to miss it is he not? But anyway I agree with most anti-salvaging, you can name.
Posted on: 2005/4/7 21:09
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
you're missing the point. let's use a different example. let's say that you needed 3 millioin dollars for a nice boat, a car and a cottage on the ocean. you need the 3 million bucks and bill gates happens to live in your hometown. he is away on a business trip, so you sneak into the house(we're saying that there's no security) and take 3 mil. he won't notice it right? i mean, he's got 17 billion dollars anyway so what does it matter if you take 3 mil? the point is that he worked to earn that 3 mil. those people who lost their lives while stuck in some grubby 3rd class cabin worked even harder for that nice doll that their daughter owns. even if you just took, oh let's say...a nice peice of china from the restaurant. who do you think had to buy that? the company. and these people are up here selling this stuff, and putting it in museums. seeing that behind the glass case doesn't really mean anything. it doesn't really remind you that 1,500 people died on that ship. it's like buying and autograph of manny ramirez, or barry bonds off ebay. it doesn't give you the satisfaction of being there and watching him sign the baseball. what would you do with the autograph that you bought off ebay? you'd sell it. and because i'm getting bored of typing this i'll stop, but do you see my point?
Posted on: 2005/4/7 21:04
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
edward i wouldn't mean to take any one of the ppl who died on the ships personal possestions that they intended keeping or they had on just artifacts from the wreckage, nothing from the ppl.

but even if i was to take someones tuxedo, what could they do , they are dead and their body would have rotted away till it was just a skeleton in a piece of clothing
Posted on: 2005/4/7 16:47
  •  Captain_Jack
      Captain_Jack

From
Group:
Registered Users
well said, you can't look at the items in a glass case enclosure and get the same feel for the artifacts that lay on the bottom of the cold dark ocean bottom.
Posted on: 2005/4/7 16:18
  •  clinton
      clinton

From London UK
Group:
Registered Users
You won't catch me dead wearing a tuxedo anyway. But I understand your point.

These artifacts just do not translate the tragedy when removed from the wreck site. A picture of two laced-up shoes 3-miles down tells me more about the tragedy than seeing these shoes in real life behind glass in an exhibit.

Or the cup resting on one of the ships' boilers just would not look the same if brought to the surface on it's own. Give me the pictures of these artifacts the way God placed them, now that's more touching than any old exhibit. Thanks but no-thanks.
Posted on: 2005/4/7 14:50

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

edward9139 wrote:
#1 the olympic items wouldn't work because they haven't been sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic for 93 years.
#2 how would you feel johno if they took the tuxedo(for instance) that you were buried in because they said it would never do you any good?

True, not underwater for 93 years, just above it for 94. Also who could say 'oh oh that is not a Titanic artifact because there is no discolouration' etc. I do not care, it is grave robery, the tuxedo example some's up my view's on this.
Posted on: 2005/4/7 13:26
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
#1 the olympic items wouldn't work because they haven't been sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic for 93 years.
#2 how would you feel johno if they took the tuxedo(for instance) that you were buried in because they said it would never do you any good?
Posted on: 2005/4/7 10:55
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
PPL could see the Artifacts if they were brought up from the wreck which could interest more children giving them a better history and more knowledge

it will lie to waste down below, lets use it for something
Posted on: 2005/4/6 16:22

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Exactly, why dont they just use Olympic Items, knowone would be the wiser.
Posted on: 2005/4/6 15:20
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.