Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  64 Votes
Re: Did Jack really love Rose?

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Love at first sight implies you've only SEEN the person you supposedly fell in love with, so yea, that is all about looks.

Now, what most people think of as love at first sight isn't really, cuz again, they tend to think that only after they've met them, so then it'd really be love at first meeting, not sight....lol
In which case, you wouldn't be in love with them, you'd be infatuated with them.

But, it doesn't matter anyhow... I'm now a firm believer that love doesn't exist. It's only a hold over until the guy, in this case my husband, finds someone else he'd rather sleep with.
Why do people lie? If I ask you if you're cheating, and you are, just tell me.. that way it'll save me some embarrasment!
Men suck..

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/23 21:41
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Well I beleive that love does exsist and that love at first sight exsists! It's not all about how they look! Even if you've been hurt by someone you love, you can still forgive them! It takes a strong person to forgive somebody and holding a grudge is not the answer. It just makes life harder! Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.
Posted on: 2005/8/23 21:59

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
and.. you know about love because of how many times you've been in it?
Love at first sight is all about sight. No where in that descritption does it say you've met them.......
You cannot have an emotion feeling about someone that can be misinterpreted as love from just seeing someone.. which is what they call love at first SIGHT.

And no, getting over a grude as you say, is harder. I can not trust someone who's hurt me as easily as I can trust someone who hasn't.....
If a man cheats on you, trust is not going to happen ever again.
Especially when the man KNOWS what's going to happen if he DOES cheat....

It might MAKE me stronger to forgive him, but I'm not about to let someone back in my life who I can't trust.. that will give me nothing but drama and I don't need that.

Posted on: 2005/8/23 22:10
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

Group:
Registered Users
Just because I've never been in love (I'm only 13) doesn't mean I'm stupid, doesn't mean I don't know anything about love, and doesn't mean I can't have my own opinions and beliefs.
I didn't say that after you forgive someone who's hurt you means that you have to let them back into your life! You just forgive them so you don't hold a grudge for the rest of your life and then move on with you're life.
Posted on: 2005/8/23 22:24

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't say you were stpuid, nor did I mean to imply it.... but you said in a previous post "trust me, I know what I'm talking about". How can you? You can't say that phrase about something you've never experienced!

And, you must be a better person than I to be able to forgive someone whose hurt you in the past.
Or maybe the level of hurt is jsut different and it's easier for you.

Posted on: 2005/8/23 23:31
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

Group:
Registered Users
I can understand because I have been hurt too! I have a harder life than most 13 year olds! You don't know what I've been through emotionally. You're not the only one whose been hurt and whose going through a hard time. But back to the topic.
Posted on: 2005/8/23 23:37
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

Group:
Registered Users
Can we PLEASE get back to the topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've been off track for a while!
Posted on: 2005/8/25 5:05

From home!! im finally home!!!
Group:
Registered Users
rose loved jack. jack dint love rose.
Posted on: 2005/8/25 7:27
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

Group:
Registered Users
Rose loved Jack. Jack loved Rose.
Posted on: 2005/8/25 15:55

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
If you think about it the topic has got to 'out debated' stage. And is pretty pointless, I mean neither party can give there view, so only outsiders like us can give an opion, and there fictional people, so there really is no debate hear, just a opionion giving thread. In which case there only really has to be 1 post per person, that said, when the topic goes off, as it did hear, is largely due to problems with the threads point (however was a very interesting debate when you went off may I say). So going off topic is the only way you are going to discuss hear.
Posted on: 2005/8/25 18:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.