Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  64 Votes
Re: Did Jack really love Rose?

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I think they probably had a very strong infatuation with each other, and had they both survived, they WOULD have developed into a long lasting love... but, with what happened in the movie surrounding their "love story" I don't think it was real love.
a. Jack would NEVER have been allowed in first class
b. having sex with someone that fast was NOT NOT NOT accepted socially back then. (actually, most things they did wasn't proper back then)

Yea, real love like that probably does exist NOW....back then, I don't think it did. People didn't marry for love back then, they married for social relief and finanacial relief. The didn't have the "dating" thing.....and they most certianly did not have sex before marriage. In fact, they didn't show any sign of public affection at all. It wasn't tolerated in her class, and she would have been looked badly on, and her mother would have been ashamed of her.
So, if nothing in this "love story" would have happened in real life in 1912, you can't convince me that it was real love.
Now, I know people are going to say that it does, but I think after seeing the movie you are just getting swept up in it.... and I think if you continue to think that way, when you DO fall in love with someone, you will be sadly disappointed.
People just don't act the way they did in the film for more then 3 months....
I've been with my husband for 5 years now, and we have stopped trying to impress each other with our chivalry..... afterall, chivalry IS dead.... now we're being realistic and practical.

Rose and Jack were a typical Hollywood love story, not a realisitic one.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/14 13:50
Create PDF from Post Print

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with noiserose, like I said he would never get into first class as many times if ever once, so thats the idea hit on the head already. THen all the other things she mentioned well done
Posted on: 2005/8/14 14:18
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
Again, well done NosieRosie.
Posted on: 2005/8/14 21:28

From
Group:
Registered Users
I beleave this story really happend. I just do. I meen it can happen that peaple fall in love so madly and have sex. I know that the bigging was not the story of Rose going on the boat but, they did find the safe and found the drawing. I think that is proof that it happend. Plus that she told the story of here and Jack. If u still think TITANIC was just a made-up story thats fine with me.
Posted on: 2005/8/14 21:38

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
How is the safe proof, that bit was filmed on a flooded set, the shots of the wreck where a mix of real and fox's buit and flooded set. The safe was built as a prop, and then given tratments to age it, the photo was planted to. Its hollywood.

Its all make believe, the only real parts of that film was the sinking practically
Posted on: 2005/8/14 22:28

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sylvester_1 wrote:
I beleave this story really happend. I just do. I meen it can happen that peaple fall in love so madly and have sex. I know that the bigging was not the story of Rose going on the boat but, they did find the safe and found the drawing. I think that is proof that it happend. Plus that she told the story of here and Jack. If u still think TITANIC was just a made-up story thats fine with me.

Wait, are you telling me you think Jack and Rose were real people... and their love story was a real one? Or are you telling me you think their fictional love is the type of love that can happen in real life? Because from this post, I'm thinking you actually think they were real people and before I post something to discredit your statements, I just wanna make sure I have the right understanding of what you're trying to say.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:07

From
Group:
Registered Users
Both. I am saying that they r real peaple and there love is true and it can happen in life. I just think that the love story was true. I am just telling u what I think.ok?
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:16

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I will concede to the idea happeneing in real life, ofcourse it could happen, love can be found in the most unusual places. But there is no record of they two ppl on the real Titanic, they where fictional.
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:26
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Jack and Rose were fictional characters but that doesn't change the fact that they loved each other in the movie!
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:36

From Crooksville,Ohio and Zanesville,Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Of course he did .It may have been made-up but I know that he did in the movie.
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.