Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  64 Votes
Re: Did Jack really love Rose?

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
well perhaps not, maybe he just wanted sex with her, and this was going to come out at the end. After all the film had multiple endings. We will see one of these alternate endings in the new dvd edition out this christmas, 4 or 2 disc, take your pick, am gettin mine!

I wouldnt think that this was the case in the film, but uno sokme films alternate endings are very bizzare hence there not used. In the film yes they did
Posted on: 2005/8/15 2:03
Create PDF from Post Print

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sylvester_1 wrote:
Both. I am saying that they r real peaple and there love is true and it can happen in life. I just think that the love story was true. I am just telling u what I think.ok?

Are you new to the titanic scene? I think most historical titanic fans know the passenger list rather well, and netiher Jack nor Rose were listed as a passenger.
So, they are not real people as listed as passenger on the Titanic.... And, Rose is not listed as someone who arrived in the Carpathia through NY's port.
Also, Cal, having come from a substancially wealthy family, isnt found in any actual historical records.
So, this proves they're not real people.

I mean, if you want to think everything in the movie is factually true... that's fine I guess. I'm just telling you it is a completely fictional movie, aside from the actual sinking of Titanic.

Also, you mentioned the drawing they found in an earlier post, and said that that was proof they were real.... when in fact, James Cameron himself made the drawing. You can see the difference in his hands from Leo's in the movie.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/15 2:19

From
Group:
Registered Users
ok.I don't care anymore about this. I just want to forget about this.
Posted on: 2005/8/15 2:30

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I'm not trying to offend you or make you mad. I'm just telling you what I know of the film.
In every peice of literature every printed about the film, Jack and Rose have been talked about as fictional. Mr. Cameron himself admited to that fact.
People who still think they were real people after the director of the film publically calling them fictional are just getting swept up in the romance of the movie.
Don't get me wrong, if there's a man out there like the guy in Phantom of the Opera, I'll easily divorce my current husband and marry the other man.. and my husband knows it...but it's just the romanticism of the film... that's why they do that.. it's all a ploy to rake in the money.. as Titanic clearly did, becoming the number one movie at the box office of all time.

Posted on: 2005/8/15 2:35

From
Group:
Registered Users
TITANIC has to have a story about something that happend to it before it sunk. Maybe there was a couple that did love each other
and went on TITANIC together and maybe they had sex. Well, what u all r telling me that it could not happen back in 1912. I am just thinking. But do u think that TITANIC has a story deep inside
that is true?
Posted on: 2005/8/15 2:44

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Couples back then didn't have premarital sex. So, I don't think there was a couple on it that just had sex in the car. (Also, no one was permitted down there, and it WAS monitered) People didn't have sex the same way we do now.. married people didn't sleep in the same room, let alone the same bed. It was customary for the wife to go into the husband's room when she wanted sex.. that's what Cal meant when they were having breakfast and he said, " I had hoped you would come to me last night."... To which she replied, " I was tried...." So, so on.. we know the scene. (and actually, I guess they wouldn't have even done THAT, since they weren't married yet. But, the point it, that's how it was done. Not until the late 60's did married couples sleep in the same beds.... Even on the show I Love Lucy they were shown in different beds....although, within the 50 years from the sinking to that show, marriage had progressed form seperate bedrooms, to the same room, just different beds. )

It doesn't have to have a love story... at least not like the one in the film.
I think the true love story is of the actuall passengers... the Strauss's who died together because the wife wouldn't get on a boat without her husband.. naturally he wasn't let on one.
The Astor's, who were newlywed's that weren't able to even raise their unborn child together because he perished.

There wasnt a love sotry like Jack and Rose, Cameron himself said he made that all up to draw hopeless romantic's into the story line. I think he did a horrible job telling a GOOD story line.. one that showed the actual passengers and heros as opposed to the fictional ones.

Posted on: 2005/8/15 2:58

From
Group:
Registered Users
ok. So thats what he meant. I didn't know that. Thank u for the info but, do u think that TITANIC has a story that happened before the TITANIC sinked?
Posted on: 2005/8/15 17:49

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Probably I would of thought atleast, over 2200 people onboard something must of happened before the sinking, no idea what but
Posted on: 2005/8/15 21:50

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Yea, plus the Astor's were newlyweds, so I'm sure they had some sort of story.. but, as far as jack and rose go, they're not based on real people, and their story isn't based on real people.....that was just all fictional.

Posted on: 2005/8/15 22:40
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Does it really matter if there were real or fictional? Most love stories we see on TV or in movies are fictional. That doesn't change the fact that Jack and Rose totally loved each other!
I know they were fictional but I still believe that what they had was true love and that it can happen in real life as easily as it can in fictional life!
Posted on: 2005/8/18 3:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.