Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  64 Votes
Re: Did Jack really love Rose?

From Texas
Group:
Registered Users
i think that is was love at first sight which i totally belive in. Jack saw rose and would cheat destiny just to be with her. love does not have to come in time.
Posted on: 2005/8/9 16:23
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
You don't need to know someones faults to be in love with them. That's not what really matters anyway! Love isn't about what the person does wrong or did wrong.
You can still fall in love with someone even though you don't know everything about them! Who cares about how long you've known them.
I beleive that Jack and Rose were truly in love. I don't think time matters at all when you love someone.
Posted on: 2005/8/8 23:46

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think anyone can fall totally, madely, deeply in love with someone in 3 days. That's lust, thats all.
To be love someone you have to know all their faults, mistakes, and past experiences.
To love and be in love with someone, and yes, those are different things, I just think you have to get past the first stage of a relationship and get to know the real them.
The first 6 months to a year of a real relationship is just trying to impress the other person.. once you get past that you get to know the real them....
That they leave the toilet seat up, that they don't brush their teeth every day, that they fart and berp, that they have road rage... things that people don't do when they're trying to impress someone.
I know that when I met my husband, he was the perfect gentlemen.... ALWAYS doing what was best for me, never farting or anything... But.. after 4 years of being together, I know ALL of his faults. I know his snoring, I know the way he talks when he's not listening to me, but he wants me to think that he is, I know the laugh he makes when he's laughing at a stupid joke that I made just to make me feel good about it.. I know exactly what foods give him gas.....

I think that if you can know all that about someone, and still want to be with them, and marry them.. THAT"S true love.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rose and Jack probably had a really good connection, and had some strong feelings for each other.. but I think for them to be in love, TRULEY in love with each other, they would have had to be together for quite some time. In my personal opinion, they were in lust and puppy love.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/8 22:53
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

Group:
Registered Users
Who ever said that you can't fall in love in three days? You don't need to be with someone for a certain amount of time to be able to fall in love with them.Jack and Rose were deeply in love with each other. It wasn't just puppy love, it was real love. They were meant to be together and if you can't see that then I don't know what your problem is!
Posted on: 2005/8/8 18:12

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I think an entire topic on this question is so ridiculous and irrelevent to what people COULD be asking it's not even funny... it's a fictional movie, in which James Cameron needed a main plot.... being 2 people, who could never have actually met on the real Titanic, in love despite all odds.
He wanted to make people cry at the theater, so, having one hopeless romantic fall in love with a destitute woman about to marry someone she hates, made everyone feel for them when he had to die.

I don't think we should be asking if he loved her.... I think we should just respect the fact that the writters needed a sad emotional twist, and that's how they made it happen...
(Besides, who falls head over heels in love in like 3 days.. puppy love or lust maybe, but not deep love)

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/6 3:32
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

Group:
Registered Users
I don't think thats the case with this story.
Posted on: 2005/8/5 18:40
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
maybe rose went a bit crazy and saw all men with jacks face on their bodies. Is a possibility because she was so lonely and stuff like that makes u do crazy stuff.
Posted on: 2005/8/5 17:17
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bell wrote:
Does't really matter wwe all know what he mean,

Plus, in the new extended cut Titanic due in october we may see this so its not all done and dusted

In any case i dont think she loived him all that much, she re-married, and had kids with an other man. And if she was married to him, so what happens to him in heaven when he is waiting for his wife???????

Rose got married and had kids because Jack told her to. He told her to go on with her life. She promised him she would do this because she loved him so much. She married even though she probably didn't want to marry any other man than Jack.
Posted on: 2005/8/5 17:13
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

donkey wrote:
Quote:

bell wrote:
Does't really matter wwe all know what he mean,

Plus, in the new extended cut Titanic due in october we may see this so its not all done and dusted

In any case i dont think she loived him all that much, she re-married, and had kids with an other man. And if she was married to him, so what happens to him in heaven when he is waiting for his wife???????

thats a really good point attualy! i never thought of that!
and by the way people, i can't stand it when people think the wooden object rose was lying on in the water was a door! how could it possibly be a door! it was too think and too detailed, it was part of a archway! you can see this wen you see rose from above, that is flat on one edge and curved on the bottom!
you should have gone to specksavers!

It annoys me too. The piece is a part of the grand staircase. As for Jack and Rose, well I think they were simply infatuated with each other, not really/truely in love. They would have gotten sick of eachother soon after they got off the ship. Bell also brought up a good point.

Jessica
Posted on: 2005/8/5 2:52

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
lol thank you friends, both ideas have been spining in my mind for some time so I just thought I would share them.
Posted on: 2005/8/4 23:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.