Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  xlostxboix
      xlostxboix
Why not salvage?

From Nebraska
Group:
Registered Users
Hey all im pretty new on here and i saw a poll about salvage rights to titanic. I was just wondering why it was such a big deal, i mean i know that some people think it is wrong because they think it is disturbing the dead or something. But whats different about the titanic than all the other ships that people have died on, and people salvage from and stuff. And one thing that i can think of that is good about salvaging is that we should preserve everything that we can from the titanic, before it is lost forever. But thats just my view. So could everyone give me their opinion on this please.
Posted on: 2005/6/6 21:43
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  coolguy
      coolguy
Re: Why not salvage?

From MY COMPUTER
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cmickel wrote:
Hey all im pretty new on here and i saw a poll about salvage rights to titanic. I was just wondering why it was such a big deal, i mean i know that some people think it is wrong because they think it is disturbing the dead or something. But whats different about the titanic than all the other ships that people have died on, and people salvage from and stuff. And one thing that i can think of that is good about salvaging is that we should preserve everything that we can from the titanic, before it is lost forever. But thats just my view. So could everyone give me their opinion on this please.
thats right they should stop savaging entiryly thanxs
Posted on: 2005/6/6 21:47
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
Leave the useless junk on the ocean floor where it belongs. No reason to waste money on it.
Posted on: 2005/6/7 3:20
  •  xlostxboix
      xlostxboix

From Nebraska
Group:
Registered Users
useless junk??? I dont even have anything to say but that. and its not useless junk, it is memories, untold stories, peoples lives. useless junk...whatever
Posted on: 2005/6/7 3:44
  •  roseflower
      roseflower

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think salvage is exeptable. They should bring up as many artifacts as possible. Before it all rusts away.
Posted on: 2005/6/7 12:04
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, useless junk! It's just a rusty hulk. To salvage is extremely costly...and what kind of return could you get on it? What good is it? There's nothing to be gained. It's a wreck.
Posted on: 2005/6/7 18:20
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
I personally don't believe in it for any ship, but this is a Titanic discussion forum. I think it's disrespectful to those who lost their lives in the wreck. they never wrote a will saying what they wanted to do with their stuff after they died, but it probly would have gone to their own family and not some people coming down to pick it up to sell it with a submarine. it means more to me to see a pair of old leathershoes at the bottom of the Atlantic than it does to see it in some stupid museum.
Posted on: 2005/6/8 10:47
  •  ASL3207
      ASL3207

From
Group:
Registered Users
i agree with edward, it would be like robbing a cemetary grave, and taking a wedding band from a dead women. ihink everyone should respect the Titanic as a grave for 1,500 people and leave the artifacts alone, and ed's right, i see more meaning of them at the bottom of the Atlantic than in any museum
Posted on: 2005/6/10 13:42

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Not to be cheecky or anything but why is that?
Posted on: 2005/6/11 23:29
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ASL3207 wrote:
i agree with edward, it would be like robbing a cemetary grave, and taking a wedding band from a dead women. ihink everyone should respect the Titanic as a grave for 1,500 people and leave the artifacts alone, and ed's right, i see more meaning of them at the bottom of the Atlantic than in any museum

So how do you plan on getting down to the bottom of the Atlantic to view these items?? Surely you don't have that kind of money, do you? I know a lot of people don't, and personally think it's cheaper to walk into a museum to see them.

Jessica
Posted on: 2005/6/13 17:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.