Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  HW_Hull_401
      HW_Hull_401
My first post here......

From New Orleans, Louisiana
Group:
Registered Users
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am AJ, and this is my first post here. I look forward to chatting with fellow Titanic fans like myself. I have enjoyed reading and learning about the site the last few days and have decided to join it.

AJ

Victor Garber (as Thomas Andrews, Titanic Builder) from the movie "Titanic" (1997)
Posted on: 2005/7/6 21:30
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: My first post here......

From
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Hello Dear AJ from Louisiana USA,

Its a pleasure to welcome you to this community, I've noted from your profile that you are from Louisiana!, must be a nice Coastal state out there.

I come from The Netherlands Europe. Most members are from USA and UK for that matter.

I hope to be able to receive updates to the site regularly during this month.

Be free to contribute or ask questions.

Thanks for joining.

Attached file: jpg  dolphinwelcome.jpg (9.92 KB)

1_42cc40eb93618.jpg 326X129 px
Posted on: 2005/7/6 21:36
  •  HW_Hull_401
      HW_Hull_401

Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, ON, it is good to be here.

Yeh, I guess you could certainly call us a "coastal" state. We are sorrounded by water, the Gulf of Mexico, the Mississippi River, and Lake Pontchartrain. Heaven forbid we ever get a hurricane here (not the drink , we have plenty of those here in NO).

Thanks for the welcome !!!

AJ

Victor Garber (as Thomas Andrews, Titanic Builder) from the movie "Titanic" (1997)
Posted on: 2005/7/6 21:40

From
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Coastal country we are too, as a matter of fact people here live in a perpetual state of fear because this country habitatial areas are actually under sea level. Depending in which state you live here, i was told that the depth of your land area on average in that state stipulates the water tax you have to pay per year so that the government can provide safety and construction of dams, barriers and that kind of thing.

The few benefits are that easy access waterways are allowing smooth marine trade.

As european I am quite familair with the East Coast states like LO FL NY NJ; but for the West coast i hear the name California drop often. I still need to make a trip over there soon to see some new attractions in Missouri which is a mid state i suppose. They were building some kind of Titanic attraction called "Titanic Branson"

http://www.titanic.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=78

When is it high season for these kind of activities in Missouri? i bet that people will take their kids to this central place for viewing these attractions.
Posted on: 2005/7/6 21:51
  •  HW_Hull_401
      HW_Hull_401

Group:
Registered Users
We are about 17' below sea level, here in New Orleans. So, if we get a major storm, or a levee breaks, we are in trouble. I have been to quite a few countries in Europe, while I was in the US Navy (1986-1990). But, unfortunately, I never got the chance to visit Ireland or England. I always wanted to and still do.

AJ

Posted on: 2005/7/6 21:57

From
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Thats great, Europe is such a devided state with the latest no vote which did derail the union a bit.

in London i've been but Ireland is still on my list too.

One contributing member named Strider_UK has posted some of the images in Titanic Events: (Thanks to him!)

http://www.titanic.com/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=9

These are high quality photos from Ireland's last remnant H&W buildings and belfast maritine glory which soon going to be rebuild into a modern development called Titanic Quarter. Preparations are already underway and these scenes could never be the same again.

One Harland & Wolf building would be built into a 4 star hotel it seems.

Ireland is picking up new business prospects by housing companies like Dell for their European operations.
Posted on: 2005/7/6 22:07
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
hi I'm edward9139. I live in Lancaster,NH about 2 1/2 hours north or Manchester. if u want to get to know ppl the Anything else category is a great place. the threads have kinda become off track, but everyone on the site is awesome and I'm sure everyone will welcome you. Clinton lives in London and I'm sure he'll tell u about it if u want to know. (hopefully he's allright )
anywho...welcome
Posted on: 2005/7/8 12:58
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
hi

howz it goin w. u i juss joined today when did u join?

talk to u later
Posted on: 2005/9/18 22:23
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
how did u get to put that pic that says welcome
Posted on: 2005/9/19 21:17
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.