Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic movie
  What happened to Rose at the end of the movie when she met up with Jack again? Did she die?

Browsing this Thread:   70 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  7 Votes
  •  willie
      willie
What happened to Rose at the end of the movie when she met up with Jack again? Did she die?

From MA, NC
Group:
Registered Users
At the end of the movie Rose meets up with Jack again and all of the people who died on the Titanic? Did she die? or was she dreaming?
Posted on: 2005/7/27 16:40
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Jillian
      Jillian
Re: What happened to Rose at the end of the movie when she met up with Jack again? Did she die?

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
There is a big question at the end of the movie; did Rose die or was she dreaming? James Cameron said that he left that decision up to the individual veiwer. I personally think that Rose died at the end of the movie and was reunited with Jack on the Titanic. I believe this because Jack asked Rose to promise him that she would die an old lady warm in her bed. At the end rose is very old and she is in her bed. I know that Rose can't promise that she won't die before but everything she promised Jack happened so why can't that?
Posted on: 2005/7/30 3:18
Re: What happened to Rose at the end of the movie when she met up with Jack again? Did she die?

From California
Group:
Registered Users
I think she died.....

-Rose (Kate Winslet)
Posted on: 2005/7/30 4:42
  •  WSLHistorian
      WSLHistorian

From United States
Group:
Registered Users
I think she died also, it almost seems as if she finally did what she wanted to do, which was to return the heart of the ocean to where it belongs. Notice she seemed very relieved and peaceful after that.
Posted on: 2005/7/30 5:16
  •  sierra
      sierra

From Ridgeland,S.C.
Group:
Registered Users
I think she died, and her spirit went back to the happiest time in her life, to the Titanic and Jack! She made him a promise, and she kept it in life, as well as in death.
Posted on: 2005/7/30 5:55

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Supposedly, cameron left the ida open because fox and paramount where toyin with the idea with a sequal, after all the biggest grossing movie ever, it was on the cards. However as illistrated in other threads the idea went out the window due to to many holes in such a plot. But I think the intent was that she Died.
Posted on: 2005/8/1 16:14
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
I don't remember it. aghh. I'm gonna have to watch the dreadful movie again
Posted on: 2005/8/1 17:58

From home!! im finally home!!!
Group:
Registered Users
oh yeah. she went to heaven and saw jack blah blah blah. it was a dream! simple!
Posted on: 2005/8/1 18:19

From TITANIC'S DEEPERS
Group:
Registered Users
well, its a difficult question... cuz if u see the movie ... at the end after Rose dropped the heart of the ocean there were lots of portraits... she was riding a horse in the roller coaster... if u see that... jack n rose were talking about that on titanic... so, rose did all those things cuz jack said they'd do that after they arrived in N.Y..
n... in my opinion Rose died as Jack say it'll be... Jack's quote
(you're gonna die been an old old lady, warm in your bed, not here, not this night, not like this do u understand me?
you must promise me that you'll survive that you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless... promise me now Rose n never let go that promise.. never let go...)

which means Rose didnt let go that promise..
other thing... for me the heart of the ocean was Rose n Jack's heart... n when Rose dropped it... she felt alive for made all what she wanted to do with jack....
at night.... u see that something its gettin' closer to titanic... then, it goes running in Deck B... enter to the grandstairse... n BINGO!! there's Rose! so... that thing getting closer was Rose's soul....
n the ship apeared clean n new as ever... cuz its the ship of dreams... thats what it was called right?? so.. thats my point..
Rose died to be with the love of her life... Jack Dawson within the ship of dreams....
Posted on: 2005/8/1 22:23
  •  littlemisleo
      littlemisleo

From Derby
Group:
Registered Users
ok, at the end of the film she died. Then she went to her heaven which was the titanic and she met Jack again.
Simple. She never let go.
They loved each other. The titanic was were she found Jack, the love of her life. So she was so happy, so she went to the place where she was happy most...the Titanic with Jack.

Posted on: 2005/8/4 15:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.