Re: TITANIC LOVE STORY?

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jillian wrote:
Quote:

NosieRosie wrote:
I don't even think it could happen back in the era surrounding 1912.... I think it's a modern fictional love story threaded into a nonfictional historical event.
For many reasons, a love like that couln't have existed.. BACK THEN..... because they had sooo many social restrictions.... But, nowadays.. yea, something like that could happen. Rich girl, poor boy... definately.

But, not back then, and not on the Titanic. I think Cameron just needed an exciting love story, and an already existing couple in any class wouldn't have been exciting enough.

Well I don't agree with that. Why couldn't a love story like that happen back then? Did Jack and Rose care about social restrictions? No! It could have happened back then. 1912 wasn't that long ago you know! A love story like that can happen in any period of time.

People care about social restrictions now... it was even worse back then. I think in 93 years, a hell of a lot has changed socially. Black people and women can vote now.... In some states, #OOPS# people can get married. That is a VERY VERY considerable amount of change to happen in 93 years.
Even they way people talked back then was diffrernt than in the film.
They were not as open as we speak now, they said everything in a metaphorical way.
Rose was depressed, but she wasnt a rebel.
Had they actually been 2 real people on the real titanic, there is not a chance in the world 3rd class would have been let into a first class area.... Medically speaking, they would not have allowed it for any reason, so he would never have had access to her in the first place.
It was like that at other social events... so right there, if they were real people, they wouldn't have even been able to meet.

Everybody cares about social restrictions.. whether you like to think so or not, everybody cares and everybody abides by the majority of them.
If no body cared, we'd see people having sexa ll over in public, #OOPS# people wouldn't hide that fact, former President Clinton wouldn't have hidden that he DID fool around with Monica, murdering someone wouldn't be looked down upon.... a lot of things would be different if we didnt follow the social rules. These are rules we follow without putting any thought to at all.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/15 2:27
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.