Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  22 Votes
  •  TitanicJack
      TitanicJack
Re: Jack Dawson's real name

From UK
Group:
Registered Users
In all honesty, you people saying "This didn't happen, that didn't happen" don't know anything really if you think about it..EXAMPLE : for all you know there could of been a couple who met on the Titanic, who did really like eachother and their seperation did end with one or maybe even both not surving the disaster.

You cannot say for certain "I know there wasn't a Jack or Rose" because in all honesty there is no way of knowing the exact 100% undoubtful truth.

I'm not saying Jack and Rose did exist but i do believe that something lingers in this story of two souls that comes across in Cameron's Movie.
Posted on: 2006/8/11 6:06
Create PDF from Post Print

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Mmm, it's called ship's passenger list.
Posted on: 2006/8/11 16:40
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
i get what you are saying about maybe there was a "jack and rose" on the ship...but you must remember it was 1912..the likely hood of a first class lady and a third class man, would ever have gotten together is not likely...the love story is great...and maybe people did get together...but i find the stories of those who really did sail far more interesting....one thing we tend to forget today is that in 1912 there were so many things that were not accepted...and class was a very important part of society back then....just like race...my uncle married a woman from korea but 100 years ago there were laws to prevent that...things were far different then...my grandmother did see titanic and she was from england born in 1918, and her parents were very aware of their "Poor farmers"image and never tried to cross the line...that is just how things were back then...
Posted on: 2006/8/11 22:06
  •  White_Star
      White_Star
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TitanicSinker1912 wrote:
i neva saw that but i no jack dawson isnt real....there were 2 men joseph dawson and james dawson though :wink:

No one has said anything about James though. It's all ben about Joseph. What about James? I want to hear more about him.
Posted on: 2006/8/31 22:06
  •  Captain_Jack
      Captain_Jack
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
OK Real simple so I don't lose anyone who don't know Jack about Titanic.

The first photo is Leonardo DiCaprio born Nov 11, 1974 & still alive who played the fictious characther Jack Dawson.

The second photo is Joseph Dawson, 23, from Dublin, Ireland came to Southampton to look for work. He joined the Titanic as a Trimmer and perished in the sinking. His body was recovered (#227) and he was buried in Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, N.S. on 8 May 1912.

The third photo is the grave marker located in Fairview Lawn cemetery in Nova Scotia bears the number 227, the date of the epoch-making disaster, and the terse inscription of a name: "J. Dawson." Where Joseph was buried.

Now you can see them side by side.
Believe me Captain Jack knows Jack

Attached file: jpg  titanic dawson.jpg (70.39 KB)

5906_44fc7c061d47c.jpg 386X174 px
Posted on: 2006/9/4 20:18
  •  Knorr
      Knorr
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
There was, a Jack Dawson, but he was a stoker onboard, not a 3d Class Passenger, unknown to James Cameron during Filming. But, as the same as the one in the Movie, the real Jack Dawson died too.
Posted on: 2006/11/5 2:38
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Knorr wrote:
There was, a Jack Dawson, but he was a stoker onboard, not a 3d Class Passenger, unknown to James Cameron during Filming. But, as the same as the one in the Movie, the real Jack Dawson died too.

read a few posts in this thread...his name was Joseph Dawson...
Posted on: 2006/11/5 14:19
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.
Re:

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
i have read a bunch of different passenger lists but they only say either james dawson or joseph dawson never both...
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2006/11/5 16:34
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
lilcangycane do you have a myspace
Posted on: 2006/11/12 0:34
  •  titanic_girl121
      titanic_girl121
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
if you guys must know i have a copy of all the names of the people who boarded the titanic and their is no one by the name Jack Dawson or Rose DeWitt Bukater and no dont ask me if i will post the list on the site
Posted on: 2006/11/21 5:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.