Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  ilovetitanic
      ilovetitanic
Please help: 1.3 million pound then is how much now (inflate

From Inverness
Group:
Registered Users
Ok, maybe I don't know EVERYTHING about the Titanic! I really need help for a talk I'm doing about Titanic. I know it cost 2431,300,000 in old money to build but I need to know how much that would be worth now!
Please help if you can.
Thanks!
Kate x 8)
Posted on: 2003/9/22 16:53
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Will
      Will

From
Group:
Registered Users
ilovetitanic,
I don't have the current exchange for the old pounds to the new Euros, but exchanging pounds to dollars comes out to about $2,144,143. I hope this helps you in some small way.
Will
Posted on: 2003/9/22 21:36
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
it cost $7.5 million to build Titanic in 1912, today that would be about $40 milllion (US dollars that is) hope this helps somehow
Posted on: 2003/9/22 21:49
  •  ilovetitanic
      ilovetitanic

From Inverness
Group:
Registered Users
I need it in pounds though becoause I'm from England! I am so confused! I've been trying to find this out 4 ages and I need it 4 2moro. I hope u r online and can help me with converting these dollars to pounds!
Thanks
Kate 8) x
Posted on: 2003/9/29 16:37
  •  ilovetitanic
      ilovetitanic

From Inverness
Group:
Registered Users
or can some1 just tell me what kind of money they used in THE UK back then. I found a currency converter thing which is really good but I don't know what money they used then!
Thanks again!
Kate 8) x
Posted on: 2003/9/29 16:40
  •  The Foxes
      The Foxes

From Near Southend-on-Sea, England
Group:
Registered Users
The currency used then was Pounds, Shillings and Pence or 243's ,S, D; yes D, I don't know why. I do know that there were 240 pennies to the pound. Can't rememeber much else as I was 7 when we changed to Decimal money.
Hope this helps a bit. :)
Posted on: 2003/9/29 21:09
  •  ilovetitanic
      ilovetitanic

From Inverness
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you all loads especially The Foxes because he gave me the right info (the other guys info was pretty good too but not as useful, thanks for trying your hardest anyway!) and I just figured out how much it would be - 24331,200,000 today but I did my talk earlier today but (I still got highest mark in the class for it!) I didn't have this info that you gave me then as my pc would not work late last night. Obviously it is fixed now!
Thanks again.
Kate 8) x
Posted on: 2003/9/30 20:54
  •  Will
      Will

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:f2d8545dff="The Foxes"]The currency used then was Pounds, Shillings and Pence or 243's ,S, D; yes D, I don't know why. I do know that there were 240 pennies to the pound. Can't rememeber much else as I was 7 when we changed to Decimal money.
Hope this helps a bit. :)[/quote:f2d8545dff]
I was in Scotland in 1994, and it seems to me that they were still using the Pounds, Shillings, Crowns and Pence. Does Scotland still utilize the old monetary units while the rest of U.K. has moved on? Are you telling me that you were only 7 in 1994? What are you trying to say? :)
By the way, it was 12 pence to the shilling, 20 shillings to the pound. ... The d for a penny was from the latin "denarius", and a pound is always written as "lb" to prevent confusion with pound money "243". It is very old, traced back to the Roman "libra" (which explains its abreviation!). . Hope to be of help.
This information is available at ...
http://www.bignell.uk.com/english_currency.htm
Will
Posted on: 2003/10/14 20:30
  •  The Foxes
      The Foxes
money

From Near Southend-on-Sea, England
Group:
Registered Users
To my knowledge Scotland changed over to Decimal currency at the same time as the rest of the U.K in 1969-70.
I remember going on holiday there in 1978 and they were quite definatley using the same monetary system as everyone else. The only difference being that the style of some notes and coins would have Scottish 'motiefs'.
Perhaps you visited a part of Scotland that was heavily populated by S.N.P (Scotish Nationalist Party) members not renowned for their love of the 'Union' :)
The Uk uses the same Monetary system throughout (243's & Pence). There are 100 pennies to the pound.
You may also have been confused by the fact that old shilling and two shilling coins were being used as 5 pence and 10 pence peices for many, many years after the change over.
Posted on: 2003/10/14 22:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.