Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  jpmorgan
      jpmorgan
gold bullion

From uk
Group:
Registered Users
i have researched this but come up with nothing my question was the titanic carry gold bullion, this was not uncommon in those days for ships to carry gold bullion.
Posted on: 2006/4/12 19:49
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: gold bullion

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Doubt it, some belive the vast intrest in the ship is not so much to do with its fame, but this idea it was carying a valuble cargo, one such theroy is over $150,000,000 in jewls, but.........Well i suppose it is no more ludacris than the actual Titanic sinking in the first place

But I wouldnt of thought so, would of been found by now.
Posted on: 2006/4/13 12:06
  •  jpmorgan
      jpmorgan
Re: gold bullion

From uk
Group:
Registered Users
scanning the web found this site they was bullion not gold but daimonds,
Titanic diamonds, rings and jewelry, history and the Heart of the Ocean diamond necklace

Diamond-Legend.info

Titanic The 1998 hit movie, The Titanic, has renewed interest in the history of this Ocean Liner, her passengers and her diamonds. The love story of Rose and Jack featured the fabulous "Heart of the Ocean" diamond necklace and other beautiful jewelry, but what is known of the actual Titanic and it's treasures? Was there a lost fortune in diamonds and what is known about the recovered diamonds and jewelry?

One of the treasures known to be onboard the maiden voyage of the White Star Line Titanic was a priceless copy of the Rubyiat of Omar Khayiam. This book of poetry was encrusted with 1,500 precious stones set in gold.

Newspapers at the time reported that "there was known to be a small fortune in diamonds aboard the Titanic." Some reports stated that 2 brothers boarded the ocean liner and carried a shipment of diamonds from Switzerland. It is estimated the diamonds would be worth well over $200 million today. There are also stories of family members traveling in 2nd class to avoid notice while traveling with valuable diamonds and jewels. What is known for certainty, is that many of the passengers were wealthy beyond compare and many did travel with gold and jewels.

The Mackay-Bennett, a search ship, records many instances of diamonds and jewels. One crew member told that while inspecting pockets of one man (later identified as Austin Blyler van Billiard), "seventeen diamonds rolled out in every direction upon the littered deck."

Titanic ring Among the artifacts recovered from underwater expeditions to the Titanic are 2 rings - one with 60 diamonds and an exquisite Sapphire and Diamond ring. Other treasures include an elegant 3 stone Diamond Ring and poignantly, a bracelet with the name "Amy" spelled out in gemstones.

Further research & recovery expeditions by RMS Titanic will focus on the leather bags of the pursers. Protocol would have the pursers load the diamonds, gold and passenger jewelry into leather bags to be loaded onto lifeboats. It is believed these bags would be located near Titanic's front cargo hold.

My Heart will go on... The Heart of the Ocean
Titanic Movie

Heart of the OceanThe Titanic movie featured Kate Winslett as Rose wearing "The Heart of the Ocean" - a blue diamond necklace based on the famous Hope Diamond. (the actual Hope diamond was never on the Titanic) This stunning necklace has captured the imaginations of romantics everywhere.

Jewelers Asprey & Garrard were inspired to make a real Heart of the Ocean diamond necklace. The result was a 170 carat heart shaped sapphire with 65 diamonds, each 30 carats. Celine Dion wore it at the Oscar ceremony as she sang "My Heart Will Go On" - the theme song from Titanic during the 1998 ceremony. It was later sold at a benefit auction for $2.2 million.

Jeweler Harry Winston created a "Heart of the Ocean" blue diamond necklace. The $20 million necklace was worn by Gloria Stuart, who portrayed Rose as an older woman.

Home

Famous Diamonds
Legendary diamonds and their history.

Colored Diamonds
Beautiful fancy colored diamonds.

Celebrity Diamonds
Trendy Diamonds - faces and places

Diamond Poems
Diamonds in literature poems and quotes.

Diamond Shapes and Styles
How to choose a diamond. Diamond shapes, colors and styles.

© since 2001 by Diamond Legend, all rights reserved
Posted on: 2006/4/13 19:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.