Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

I'm glad you're well. I can't believe it's December, since the year's gone past so quickly!

I am very excited about the book -- if truth be told I was astonished that I managed to find a publisher who wanted to publish it. I just hope people enjoy it and that my efforts to keep errors down to a minimum have worked. Errors of sorts always creep in despite your best efforts. I am sure that when it does come out I'll get some nice, constructive comments on its content.

Kindest regards and best wishes,

Mark.
Posted on: 2003/12/1 12:37
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  jackandroseforever
      jackandroseforever

From Australia
Group:
Registered Users
as if it would have!
sry if that sounded a bit mean, but if you were on a ship, would you deliberately want to:
1) waste all that money :(
2) lose others lives
3) lose your own life?

i wouldnt.

anyway, what was the captian thinking when they had had iceberg warnings earlier that day, to go faster! Well DUH i surely wuldnt be, i would be being as cautious as possible as i could, no matter what anyone told me. :D
Posted on: 2003/12/3 5:29
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users
Eh, don't blame the captain...didn't that Ismay guy tell him to go faster to make headlines? Even if he didn't do that in real life, whatever..the captain was told by someone to go faster and he did, plus he had about 36 years of experience working against him, he probably thought he knew how to work a ship. But he was wrong...
Posted on: 2003/12/3 22:22
  •  jackandroseforever
      jackandroseforever

From Australia
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:257537e3de="jackandroseforever"]as if it would have!
sry if that sounded a bit mean, but if you were on a ship, would you deliberately want to:
1) waste all that money :(
2) lose others lives
3) lose your own life?

i wouldnt.

anyway, what was the captian thinking when they had had iceberg warnings earlier that day, to go faster! Well DUH i surely wuldnt be, i would be being as cautious as possible as i could, no matter what anyone told me. :D[/quote:257537e3de]

i wasnt saying it was the captains fault, i was just saying that i wouldnt listen to anyone if it was me and i knew i was right. :)
Posted on: 2003/12/4 6:17
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, my post was directed to people who DID blame the captain, not you. My apologies. ^_^

I wouldn't listen to anyone either..I'd take the warnings seriously, and maybe go slower or stall for the night..
Posted on: 2003/12/5 2:00
  •  jackandroseforever
      jackandroseforever

From Australia
Group:
Registered Users
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Posted on: 2003/12/5 12:51
  •  jackandroseforever
      jackandroseforever

From Australia
Group:
Registered Users
wasnt the actual captain sleeping/resting at the time? it looks like he was in the movie????? :?
Posted on: 2003/12/5 12:53
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:334cd68c84="jackandroseforever"]wasnt the actual captain sleeping/resting at the time? it looks like he was in the movie????? :?[/quote:334cd68c84]

please dont take the movie as an actual account of what happened that night, there are many faults in it.

on the night of the sinking, the captain had been at a party with the cream of 1912 society. however, he left early because the ship was heading into the region of ice. he talked for a while with lightoller and told him to awaken him at once if he was in the least bit concerned. he then retired to bed. at around 11.40 he was woken by the collision and rushed to the bridge, where he recieved a report from murdoch and then made an inspection of the ship.

i think there is a thread disscussing whose fault it was for the disater, this one is for if titanic was sunk intentionally, please keep on the origional topic, otherwise it gets confusing for other members :)
Posted on: 2003/12/5 14:26

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

What evidence is there that Captain Smith was ever asleep? Naturally at 11.40 p.m. it was getting relatively late in the evening, but he appeared on the bridge pretty quickly for someone that had been 'asleep.' It seems more likely he was simply in his quarters.

Best regards,

Mark.
Posted on: 2003/12/5 15:26
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
mark, i read it on his bio from encyclopedia-titanica

"About 11.40 p.m.Captain Smith was awakened by the collision and rushed to the bridge"
Posted on: 2003/12/5 16:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.