Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I sure hope ismay paddled the boat around insead of only letting women row. I can see how they would need a man on board.
Posted on: 2004/1/31 0:14
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Well realy the countress of rothes was a better man then ismay she rowed and helped it shows how much of a strong good woman she is.
Posted on: 2004/1/31 0:16
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Molly brown or the unsinkable molly brown also was a good person she wanted to save the men who where freezing to death and ismay who snuck on a boat didnt eaven think of anyone else but himself........
Posted on: 2004/1/31 0:19
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Thinking more about this i wonder if ismay saved himself to create the Britanic or could the plans for it have been completed already..... hummm.
Posted on: 2004/1/31 0:21
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
its obvious thst there are different ways to look at this i have already explained many pros and cons. but we cant judge ismay unless we were in his place!!!!1 :D
Posted on: 2004/1/31 0:23
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
Well stated Anthony. :)
Posted on: 2004/1/31 0:25
  •  Erich_Kunzel
      Erich_Kunzel

From
Group:
Registered Users
Either way, in my opinion, FAMILIES and COUPLES should go first not women and children. Ismay and Captain smith, they should just have been shot or pushed off the boat, these SEXIST and ARROGANT people deserve to die.
Posted on: 2004/1/31 1:53
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Thank u starry ur very kind.
Posted on: 2004/1/31 3:53
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:9fe4d7eca4="Erich_Kunzel"]Either way, in my opinion, FAMILIES and COUPLES should go first not women and children. Ismay and Captain smith, they should just have been shot or pushed off the boat, these SEXIST and ARROGANT people deserve to die.[/quote:9fe4d7eca4]

well, Erich, i'm sorry you are so upset about this. perhaps you should start a thread for it and then express your anger. it is obviously something close to your heart, but dont get so worked up about it.
in another thread you argued that it wasn't fair that the single men, who had hopes and dreams died. well ismay was single, he had a wife at home. the captain and ismay weren't sexist. Lightoller asked the captain if he should put the women and children into the boats, to which the captain said yes. smith also told the boats to row away and then come back when he shouted them to save the rest. and when he did shout to return the boats, nobody came.
there isnt any proof that ismay told smith to go as fast as he could to reach newyork earlier, which i guess is why you calll them arrogant. they thought that anything big enough to sink the ship, they would spot it in time. they tried to steer round the berg, but there was a shelf of ice below the water line which punctured little holes along the side of the ship.
ismay was simply a passenger on a ship. he helped get the women into the boats and left in one of the last boats to leave, and why shouldn't he? he had just as much right as anyone else. you are being biggoted saying smith and ismay should have been shot, just because ismay, was there to represent his company, and smith was the captain.
captain smith was not on the bridge when the collision happened. he told the officers to get him if there was the slightest sign of danger.

anyway i think i will finish my sermon now. :P
Posted on: 2004/1/31 14:07
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
Haha I like your sermon! :D
And Anthony you're quite welcome! I've read some of your threads and you've got some great points! We share some of the same opinions.
Posted on: 2004/1/31 20:36
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.