Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I also think that what the poor man had to endure for the rest of his life was really uncalled for.
Posted on: 2004/6/13 19:33
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:259f2abdae="freitas4"]I know that Ismay was the owner of White Star Line but I think he get's treated a little harsh. He was just a passenger on the ship with the captain being the absolute authority. Also, Ismay was helping load the lifeboats before he got in one himself. Even JCs 1997 movie helps put Ismay in a bad light. Thomas Andrews, the designer and builder, nobly dies on the ship but Ismay, the owner, "sneaks" into a lifeboat. What about the other 1st class men who lived? What about the crew members that lived? No body ever laid them with the blame for living while so many other women and children died. What happened then cannot be changed and arguing about it doesn't change it. Did anyone watch Ghosts of the Abyss? Bill Paxton talks about putting himself in the place of a man having to put his wife and kids in a lifeboat. If you have the movie, watch that part. We can all say, "Oh I would have gone down with the ship" but if you were actually put in that position, what would you really do? I have a husband and 2 kids. If I were my husband (I know him well enough to say this), I would be dying inside knowing I would probably never see my family again. I would want to save myself too. It's not that I'd be selfish, it's just that I value my life. What makes one person more important than another? We are lucky to be alive in a time where we don't have to worry about these issues like "women and children first"[/quote:259f2abdae]

yea im sry but i have to say that i dont totally agree with u. how could andrews stay on the ship and ismay couldnt? when thomas was (as far as i know) only the designer and architect of the ship. he shouldve died either. but he felt responsible for all the ppl that were gonna die that evening bc he didnt build them a stronger ship. y didnt ismay died he owned it. he was directly responsible. how come all of the other important and respnsible for the disaster died? he was supposed to die. he shunned himself anyway.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/10 13:13
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:01b20fe6a5="freitas4"]I know that Ismay was the owner of White Star Line but I think he get's treated a little harsh. He was just a passenger on the ship with the captain being the absolute authority. Also, Ismay was helping load the lifeboats before he got in one himself. Even JCs 1997 movie helps put Ismay in a bad light. Thomas Andrews, the designer and builder, nobly dies on the ship but Ismay, the owner, "sneaks" into a lifeboat. What about the other 1st class men who lived? What about the crew members that lived? No body ever laid them with the blame for living while so many other women and children died. What happened then cannot be changed and arguing about it doesn't change it. Did anyone watch Ghosts of the Abyss? Bill Paxton talks about putting himself in the place of a man having to put his wife and kids in a lifeboat. If you have the movie, watch that part. We can all say, "Oh I would have gone down with the ship" but if you were actually put in that position, what would you really do? I have a husband and 2 kids. If I were my husband (I know him well enough to say this), I would be dying inside knowing I would probably never see my family again. I would want to save myself too. It's not that I'd be selfish, it's just that I value my life. What makes one person more important than another? We are lucky to be alive in a time where we don't have to worry about these issues like "women and children first"[/quote:01b20fe6a5]

yea im sry but i have to say that i dont totally agree with u. how could andrews stay on the ship and ismay couldnt? when thomas was (as far as i know) only the designer and architect of the ship. he shouldve died either. but he felt responsible for all the ppl that were gonna die that evening bc he didnt build them a stronger ship. y didnt ismay died he owned it. he was directly responsible. how come all of the other important and respnsible for the disaster died? he was supposed to die. he shunned himself anyway.
~ ~
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:87be0147ac="freitas4"]I know that Ismay was the owner of White Star Line but I think he get's treated a little harsh. He was just a passenger on the ship with the captain being the absolute authority. Also, Ismay was helping load the lifeboats before he got in one himself. Even JCs 1997 movie helps put Ismay in a bad light. Thomas Andrews, the designer and builder, nobly dies on the ship but Ismay, the owner, "sneaks" into a lifeboat. What about the other 1st class men who lived? What about the crew members that lived? No body ever laid them with the blame for living while so many other women and children died. What happened then cannot be changed and arguing about it doesn't change it. Did anyone watch Ghosts of the Abyss? Bill Paxton talks about putting himself in the place of a man having to put his wife and kids in a lifeboat. If you have the movie, watch that part. We can all say, "Oh I would have gone down with the ship" but if you were actually put in that position, what would you really do? I have a husband and 2 kids. If I were my husband (I know him well enough to say this), I would be dying inside knowing I would probably never see my family again. I would want to save myself too. It's not that I'd be selfish, it's just that I value my life. What makes one person more important than another? We are lucky to be alive in a time where we don't have to worry about these issues like "women and children first"[/quote:87be0147ac]

~ ~
  •  gothic_applesauce
      gothic_applesauce
whos to blaim

From tennesse
Group:
Registered Users
it is all the capitans fault
Posted on: 2004/8/10 20:04

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:b267473788="rose89"][quote:b267473788="freitas4"]I know that Ismay was the owner of White Star Line but I think he get's treated a little harsh. He was just a passenger on the ship with the captain being the absolute authority. Also, Ismay was helping load the lifeboats before he got in one himself. Even JCs 1997 movie helps put Ismay in a bad light. Thomas Andrews, the designer and builder, nobly dies on the ship but Ismay, the owner, "sneaks" into a lifeboat. What about the other 1st class men who lived? What about the crew members that lived? No body ever laid them with the blame for living while so many other women and children died. What happened then cannot be changed and arguing about it doesn't change it. Did anyone watch Ghosts of the Abyss? Bill Paxton talks about putting himself in the place of a man having to put his wife and kids in a lifeboat. If you have the movie, watch that part. We can all say, "Oh I would have gone down with the ship" but if you were actually put in that position, what would you really do? I have a husband and 2 kids. If I were my husband (I know him well enough to say this), I would be dying inside knowing I would probably never see my family again. I would want to save myself too. It's not that I'd be selfish, it's just that I value my life. What makes one person more important than another? We are lucky to be alive in a time where we don't have to worry about these issues like "women and children first"[/quote:b267473788]

yea im sry but i have to say that i dont totally agree with u. how could andrews stay on the ship and ismay couldnt? when thomas was (as far as i know) only the designer and architect of the ship. he shouldve died either. but he felt responsible for all the ppl that were gonna die that evening bc he didnt build them a stronger ship. y didnt ismay died he owned it. he was directly responsible. how come all of the other important and respnsible for the disaster died? he was supposed to die. he shunned himself anyway.[/quote:b267473788]

Ismay, just like most people that night I'm sure, wasn't thinking locially. He was thinking what everyone would....I want to live! I don't want to die tonight! It's easy for us to sit here and critisize their actions that ngiht becase we know the whole outcome. But for them that night, they didn't know how their own actions would affect history. He didn't know the world would think of him as a coward...he just wanted to save his life!

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/10 23:05
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
but that is selfish.
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/8/10 23:22

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Yes it is, I'm not arguing that...But, people are selfish beings! You can't pretend we're not!

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/11 0:36
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
im not sayin were not, but if andrews and smith could stay y coudnt he? how come they werent so selfish?
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/8/11 2:44
  •  gothic_applesauce
      gothic_applesauce
selfish

From tennesse
Group:
Registered Users
i think that they were selfish bc they didnt really have a choice did they i dont really remeber that part of the movie plz inform me
Posted on: 2004/8/11 3:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.