Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
of course they had a choice! but they chose to stay with the ship. unlike b. ismay.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/11 5:08
Create PDF from Post Print

From
Group:
Registered Users
What would you do? Think about it. If it were your ship and you had given the order for half the life boats to be taken off before the journey just because it looked crowded and you believed your own hype that your ship was unsinkable would you not feel that you should do the correct thing and stay behind? Its all well and good but lifes for living and its easier said than dont put your self in his shoes. Im sure he was hunted by what he did for the rest of his life.
Posted on: 2004/8/11 13:36
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
thats what im sayin. if i had done all those things that u said, i wouldve felt like i HAD to die with the ship. bc it was my fault. after that, he just shunned himself from the outer world bc he was ashamed to come out. he might as well have died there.
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/8/11 18:00

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:8b00fdeb48="rose89"]im not sayin were not, but if andrews and smith could stay y coudnt he? how come they werent so selfish?[/quote:8b00fdeb48]

I don't think ismay was thinking clearly at the time. I don't think he was thinking about all the people that were going to die, only about himself. He didn't have AS MUCH to do with the ship itself as Andrews and Smith did. I mean, granted he owned the dang thing...but Andrews built it...Smith was it's Captin..they had more to do with it. Ya know? I think of all people those would be the 2 to be in complete shock about what's happeneing....those would be the 2 to think about all the passengers first. Ismay I think, even though he cared for the people on the ship, it didn't really dawn on him until he was already in the boat and saw the ship go down.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/11 23:10
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
yes, but hes the one who wanted the ship on full speed so they can break the record. so it basically is his fault.
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/8/12 0:04

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Who cares what he ordered??? Is it his fault there was no moon that night? Was it his fault the water was so calm it wasn't breaking at the bases of icebergs?? Was it his fault the lookouts didn't have their binoculars???

The fact is it was many many things that night that contributed to the Titanic sinking, not just the fact that Ismay wanted the ship to go faster.

Posted on: 2004/8/12 1:16
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:368db14955="NosieRosie"]Who cares what he ordered??? Is it his fault there was no moon that night? Was it his fault the water was so calm it wasn't breaking at the bases of icebergs?? Was it his fault the lookouts didn't have their binoculars???

The fact is it was many many things that night that contributed to the Titanic sinking, not just the fact that Ismay wanted the ship to go faster.[/quote:368db14955]

Well said Nosie...very well said. Now I don't like Ismay because he did pressure the Captain to "make headlines".. but you put things into a good perspective like that..
Posted on: 2004/8/12 2:06
  •  gothic_applesauce
      gothic_applesauce
cool

From tennesse
Group:
Registered Users
hey i just wanted to say that i think that was cool the way u both worked that out and agree now
Posted on: 2004/8/12 2:51
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
i agree that it wasnt his fault that the sea was calm and there was no moon but as rose1912 said "he did pressure the captain". that for me is enough. i think he does have a huge part in the wreck. actually, the people that didnt deserve to die so much did die that night. much of the ice warnings didnt reach captain smith but he did feel responsible and went down with the ship. plus he wanted to refuse ismay's offer to go at full speed, but he went along with him (thats why he's responsible.)thomas andews felt bad because "he didnt build strong enough ship" so he went down too. so basicalley i think its bruce's fault and was very cowardly of him to get on a boat and leave.
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/8/12 6:13

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Well Rose, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. Because, i'm sorry if this sounds at all rude, but I think you're too opposed to the idea that something other than Ismay had barrings on what happened that night that you won't even open yourself to truly hear what else factually happened that night to cause the Titanic to sink.

We're not saying Ismay wasn't involved in it at all, just that he isn't the sole reason. But I don't think that's the answer you want to hear.

And yes, Ismay probably should have gone down with the ship that night. But he didn't, and we're trying to tell you why. When you are in the kind of situation, I'm telling ya, you DO NOT think rashionally. I, having been in some fairly paniced situations, know this for a fact! It is human nature to try to prolong your own life. I'm quite sure that Smith and Andrews didn't just anchor themselves to a stable peice of furniture when water was flooding into the rooms they died. I'm very certain they swam around and tried to save their life, even though they knew they didn't want to live. It's just human nature, you can't change it. And, although Ismay's took a different form, it's still human nature.

But like I said, we're going to have to agree to disagree, because no one on here can get you to truly listen to the facts of what happened....

Posted on: 2004/8/12 23:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.