Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Megantic06
      Megantic06
"Titanic" lets see how ya feel about this one

From
Group:
Registered Users
Okay I've always been a fan of the movie......... but i'm a FANATIC about the actual event, and the more that i learn about the event, the more i resent the movie.

I think that they shouldve done the movie like this:

they couldve had an introduction, showing things like people's premonitions about the sinking, and things like that. i used to think that they shouldve focused on real passengers on the ship but the more that i thought about that the more i thought about how that would just have even more incorrect information and would just make people mad..

they shouldve just showed things like all the classes,things like taht, and not came up with fictional characters in my opinion.

and then to close the film they couldve shown how it affected the world afterwords .. it couldve been 100x better!

this is my opinion, whats yours?
Posted on: 2003/12/21 5:57
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i pretty much agree with you, as a love story, it was good. but the film is called "Titanic", and the story isnt really about the ship, its about jack and rose falling in love. i also hate the way First Officer Murdoch was portrayed to have shot himself when there is no evidence what so ever that he, or any other officer did. i dont think his living relatives were too happy with it either. Sixth officer James Moody, was barely in the film, and when he did appear, it was only to get in the way of the First Officer. also, the man who played Lightoller, seemed to look like he had a nervous twitch throughiut the whole thing......i'll stop there, my list of personal dissapointments could go on forever, and i dont want to upset those who enjoyed the film.
(sorry if that dont make sense, i was rambling on a bit lol)
Posted on: 2003/12/21 22:45
  •  Megantic06
      Megantic06

From
Group:
Registered Users
I completely agree! I love the love story... but i wish they couldve just stuck to facts to make it a better movie
Posted on: 2003/12/23 7:15
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I agree. The movie was called "Titanic", it really should have had more about the ship. But with all the Jack and Rose they put in there, it should've been called something like Ice Cold Love or whatever. I liked Jack and Rose's romance deal, but the title makes it sound like it's all about the ship, which it wasn't.

And Officer Murdoch, according to eye witnesses, gave his lifebelt to another passenger then went down with the ship. His hometown was not happy with what the movie showed.
Posted on: 2003/12/27 6:04
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Cameron said he used the love story because it was the only way he could show the entire ship. I think that's blather - what's wrong with telling the story of the ship's crew, for instance?
Posted on: 2003/12/29 21:18
  •  The Foxes
      The Foxes
Love story

From Near Southend-on-Sea, England
Group:
Registered Users
I totaly agree with Teamtunafish.
Nuff said.
Posted on: 2003/12/30 19:49
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Oooh ahh I may faint (the wink smilie isn't sexy enough)
Posted on: 2004/1/2 4:02
  •  The Foxes
      The Foxes

From Near Southend-on-Sea, England
Group:
Registered Users
To be in keeping with the date of the Titanic disaster, perhaps a swoon would be more appropriate?
Posted on: 2004/1/6 1:19
  •  titanic over
      titanic over

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:3eb4dccc9a="bess"]i pretty much agree with you, as a love story, it was good. but the film is called "Titanic", and the story isnt really about the ship, its about jack and rose falling in love. i also hate the way First Officer Murdoch was portrayed to have shot himself when there is no evidence what so ever that he, or any other officer did. i dont think his living relatives were too happy with it either. Sixth officer James Moody, was barely in the film, and when he did appear, it was only to get in the way of the First Officer. also, the man who played Lightoller, seemed to look like he had a nervous twitch throughiut the whole thing......i'll stop there, my list of personal dissapointments could go on forever, and i dont want to upset those who enjoyed the film.
(sorry if that dont make sense, i was rambling on a bit lol)[/quote:3eb4dccc9a]

First officer Murduch really did shoot himself. I have a book written shortly after the sinking. It says he was on a life-boat, but couldn't stand how much death, so he shot himself.
Posted on: 2004/1/10 19:27
  •  TitanicSinker1912
      TitanicSinker1912

From USA
Group:
Registered Users
i think thats a good idea but i think the movie has a fantasic story and great actors....leo dicaprio did awesome and kate did super makin the movie! 2gether they rocked. but ur idea is a real good 1. 8)
Posted on: 2004/1/11 2:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.