Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane
Re: olympic accident

From
Group:
Registered Users
listen new people join everyday and the same topics are bound to come up many times...just because you've seen it detailed doesn't mean everyone has..the point of this site is to help people and to give them any information they want...if you can't do that in a nice manner maybe you souldn't be here...you seem to be very rude to alot of prople on this site....i now know how titanic king feels when you jump on him for no good reason....
Posted on: 2006/8/3 1:54
Create PDF from Post Print

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Lol, yeah right, my argument is, it's quicker, easier and of more benifit, to go to the top right of my screen, type in what I wan't, and glance at the little list that then appear's. It's not hard, infact it requires probably less effort than making a new thread from scratch.

If Titanicking has a problem with me, he can take it up with me himself and we can solve it like adult's. If you have a problem do the same, just randomly callin me rude wont do you any favour's.

'i now know how titanic king feels when you jump on him for no good reason'....

Read the whole thread (at the time of which I became involved and you will see I have every reason to react in the way in which I did) and I always have a reason, if it's not clear I will be happy to explain it to you.

Site rules arent specific on being 'nicey nicey', If I don't insult anyone, nor demean them, then I am not doing anything wrong, I will check but I dont think it says 'dont be rude, someone may take offence'

Cya
Posted on: 2006/8/3 2:10
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
listen people are free to post whatever they want without having to be afraid of being jumped on...besides new people will have new ideas and opinions to add....his question was titanic related and i think a very good one...i have worked many years with titanic orginations and i have been asked the same questions over and over again and i was not allowed to tell them to look it up...you could have made your point withput being rude..this site is to draw those interested in titanic..not drive them away....
Posted on: 2006/8/3 2:17

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
May I point out I can't actually hear you, your last post's directed at me all begining with 'listen' if anything all that is doing is making me less willing to conceed to you.

Who's afraid? Why would you be afraid from random text posted on a random site, I can't hurt you (nor would I, even if I could) I can't cause you any problem's, all I can do is take up 2 minutes of your time while you read/reply to my post's.

Idea isnt strictly new but OK I will by what your saying here

'besides new people will have new ideas and opinions to add'

I agree, such things only inrich the overall experience.

'you could have made your point withput being rude'

Yeah but not as effective :P.

And if I have driven anyone away, my heart felt apoligies It was not my intention, I've nothing to gain from it.

Adios
Posted on: 2006/8/3 2:28
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
bon voyage...i have almost 20 years titanic experence behind me and i am more than willing to share it with whom ever as many times as i am able...there is no good having it if i can't share it..
Posted on: 2006/8/3 2:30
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i agree whats the point having the information and u cant share it i being reaserching titanic almost 12 years and i read all the books and i have the knowlege to shere with peple as whats the point as olympic was oe of 3 olympic class liners which were olympic, titanic brittanic some peple say brittanic was first named gigantic but they is no evidence to perove this fact
Posted on: 2006/8/3 12:29

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Sort of is, there was a poster produced in 1913/14 of 'GIGANTIC', atleast that is what I am lead to belive, I will dig out the photo, saved on my computer somewhere. Though, some belive, it is because, whenever harland and wolf had a new contract to build a new ship, if it was significantly bigger than any before, it was given the name 'Gigantic prodject', as Britannic/Gigantic was quite a bit larger than Titanic, this may be the reason. My favourite though is stickin with where the names come from, greek mythology, the Olympians (olympic), the Titans (Titanic) and the Giants (Gigantic) that is my thoughts anyway.
Posted on: 2006/8/3 14:25
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
It's good you all are talking this over and getting some sort of understanding.

I have been interested in the Titanic since I was six, but only recently have I become associated with this website.

I apologize if I ask a question that has already been discussed and people became bored with it.

But at the same time, I would hope to answer any new person's questions, especially if they are young, and are first getting to know about the Titanic (not me, I'm 26).

I'm a licensed teacher, and I have found that teaching is the best job in the world.

The way I see it, answering an easy question by us "Titanic fanatics" still gives us a chance to talk about the subject we love, and it also helps us beef up on our memory and knowledge.
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2006/8/3 14:43
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
On the morning of September 20th 1911, the Olympic departed
Southampton with Captain E.J. Smith (who was in command of Titanic when she sunk).
Shortly after noon she was rounding the Bramble Bank at the normal harbour speed of 19
knots when she encountered the 7350 ton British Cruiser Hawke. Both ships turned so as
to proceed down the Spithead channel and in fact, did so on parallel courses for quite a
distance. Reports stated they were about 200 - 300 yards apart when suddenly the Hawke
seemed to veer toward the larger ship and collision was unavoidable, and she slammed into
the starboard rear of the Olympic about 85 feet from the stern. The bow of the Hawke was
very badly damaged, and two gashes were left in the side of the Olympic, one above the
water line and one below. The starboard propeller was badly damaged and required
replacing.
Posted on: 2006/8/3 20:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.