Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Chris04
      Chris04
Urgent-Titanic Enthusiasts and Experts!

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everybody. I am a middle school student doing a research project on the Titanic. As part of my project, I must do a interview based on the Titanic. If anyone can answer the following questions, it would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

For my teacher to consider you a source on this, you:

1.Were a witness to the Titanic
2. Know the subject first hand
3. Are a reputable secondary source (high school education, college degree, masters/doctorate degree, experience in this field of study.

Ok, I know those are a lot of rules, but if you pass any of them, can you please answer these questions??? Thanks.

[b:d9f2318ceb]1. How are you associated with the Titanic?

2. What got you interested in the Titanic?

3. How has the media attention of the Titanic increased its popularity?

4. Do you think the disaster could have been avoided?

5. Do you agree with the class discrimination used?

6. How much has the Titanic influenced current safety measures on luxury liners and cruise ships?

7. Had this disaster happened now, do you think there would have been as many deaths?

8. If you were Captain, and this same thing happened, what would you do?

9. Why do you think some lifeboats were released half empty?

10. Finally, do you think ships today would be as safe had it not been for the Titanic?

Please include your full name (or last initial) and how you are an authority on this subject.

Thank you sooooo much for all your help! I am sure to get an A on this project!!!

[/b:d9f2318ceb]
Posted on: 2003/12/30 4:24
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
chris,

have you been to www.encyclopedia-titanica.org that would be the best place to find go, there are alot of titanic researchers and such. i think you have to wait for your registation application thing to be accepted before you can post, so if its urgent then you could post in the guestbook area and give them your email address, or something.
hope to be of some help
Posted on: 2003/12/30 14:19
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Were we a witness? Kid, there are only 3 survivors left, and the oldest of those was three when the thing went down! Ask your teacher to add, please!
Posted on: 2004/1/4 10:45
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
teamtunafish- thats what i thought too but i decided to ignore it.
i dont know about other countries but in uk, i haven't ever heard of anyone taking a college/masters degree in the subject either; nor was it part of my education when i was at school.
i have however been interested in it for personal reasons since i was a youngster and could have answered the questions for him but i didnt want to offer because i wasn't a "professional" Titaniac :P

chris if you still need someone to answer the questions then email me and i will be happy to do it but what i have learned about the subject isnt through a degree, it from years of hard research and learning. :)

btw, the oldest of the three survivors left was 5 when it sank (Lillian) :wink:
Posted on: 2004/1/4 14:39
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Ditto for me, Chris - I may not knoweverything about the ship, but I will do research to help if I can. We each have an e-mail account through the board, or my e-mail is on record.

For all you who do not know, it now costs $20.00 to belong to Encyclopedia Titanica, so we may well be getting a lot more requests like this soon.
Posted on: 2004/1/4 21:16
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
$20.00?? but then you get what you pay for i suppose. i have been joined there for a while, i have started contributing towards the cost but haven't had to pay the $20.00, is it only for new members??

i dont mind if there are more requests like this and i would be happy to help, aslong as they dont expect me to know every little thing about the ship 8)
Posted on: 2004/1/4 22:57
  •  Kitteelover
      Kitteelover
Chris

From
Group:
Registered Users
I have a news paper article. My Great Uncle was a stow away on the T and survived. So if you'd like to ask me question about him, I would love to be able to fill you in. This is a true story and not from the movie. It was published in 1976 about my uncle. I know it sound alot like the movie, but its not.....
Posted on: 2004/1/14 13:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.