•  ill neva let go
      ill neva let go
Re: Jack Could Have Probably Lived!

From Melbourne, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

missamerica wrote:
I believe, in my opinion, that Jack could have survived if only he and Rose would have taken turns on the wooden headboard that they were on!!!! I get kind of mad everytime I think of him dying in that movie because Rose knew that she could have offered him to switch and take turns with her while he was sitting there freezing his butt off in the water for her!!!!! Its just sad, I mean, Jack could have lived and they could have lived happily ever after , but no, all because she couldn't take the time out to at least offer to take turns with him. But you know, I mean I do think of the fact that maybe it was just to cold for either of them to think straight at that time. Any replies to what I have to say?

this would not have saved him, as he would have still had water on him and still would have been cold, the water was 28 degrees farenheight (-2.22 degrees centergrade) at this tempreture you would freeze to death in 3 to 4 minutes,
Posted on: 2007/1/21 8:33
Create PDF from Post Print

From Lynn Haven, Florida, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

missamerica wrote:
I believe, in my opinion, that Jack could have survived if only he and Rose would have taken turns on the wooden headboard that they were on!!!! I get kind of mad everytime I think of him dying in that movie because Rose knew that she could have offered him to switch and take turns with her while he was sitting there freezing his butt off in the water for her!!!!! Its just sad, I mean, Jack could have lived and they could have lived happily ever after , but no, all because she couldn't take the time out to at least offer to take turns with him. But you know, I mean I do think of the fact that maybe it was just to cold for either of them to think straight at that time. Any replies to what I have to say?

Quote:

ill neva let go wrote: this would not have saved him, as he would have still had water on him and still would have been cold, the water was 28 degrees farenheight (-2.22 degrees centergrade) at this tempreture you would freeze to death in 3 to 4 minutes,

You are wrong. If they had taken turns they would both die. Remember the water was below -0º F. It would of been possible that If they were both on the board, they would of both saved themselves.

Your cool poster,
Emanuel
Posted on: 2007/1/22 3:12
  •  ill neva let go
      ill neva let go

From Melbourne, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
HE WOULD FREEZE 2 DEATH IN THE WATER IN 3 TO 4 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have done alot of research on titanic and freezing water, you could not urvive more than 5 minutes in freezeing water
Posted on: 2007/1/22 4:15

Group:
Registered Users
Ema here,

does this make sence to you?:
If Jack would have lived & died of something else, do u think it would have sad still? Well thats the question for the poll. I dont get it either.

Your cool poster,
Emanuel
Posted on: 2007/1/22 5:07
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
For everyones' information, the water temperature that night was 28 degrees Fahrenheit.

They know this because the bridge watch has someone take the temperature every two hours and has it recorded into the ship's log.

Just to clear the matter, it usually takes longer than 3-4 minutes to die in that cold of water from hypothermia. Hypothermia in that temperature takes a little longer (anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, but not much more).

But another reason that some people may have died sooner is not from hypothermia, but actual suffication. When people are in an environment as cold as that water, they tend not to take normal deep breaths.

Sometimes, if a person gets so cold that they takes shallow breaths, they are not getting enough oxygen and therefore they pass out and die.
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2007/1/22 22:54
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MGY Friend wrote:

Sometimes, if a person gets so cold that they takes shallow breaths, they are not getting enough oxygen and therefore they pass out and die.
i had an excperiance like this ounce.

we we're going swimming and i jumped in the pool and the water was sooo cold. (probably 60 some degrees or above) but when i came up from under the water and i litterally couldn't breath. i fine though now.
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2007/1/24 21:58

Group:
Registered Users
Ema here,

For the millionth time: Jack never dies! Jeesh. He is just a movie actor that makes movies look cool.

Your cool poster,
Emanuel
Posted on: 2007/1/25 0:52
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
For the millionth time: Jack never dies! Jeesh. He is just a movie actor that makes movies look cool.

I know that Emanuel. But were that last two posts before yours even about Jack? No! There were concerning hypothermia and water temperature, which were big contributing factors to many of Titanic's real deaths.

If this thread has any use, it is to clear up some questions about how people survived and died that night.
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2007/1/25 14:23
  •  TitanicDreamer
      TitanicDreamer

From
Group:
Registered Users
Just a point to those who are saying if they had shared the board that would have both lived, that they were stupid and stuff like that because they didn't share the board, if you were in 28 degrees farenhite water and dying of hypothermia plus cold, wet, in great pain and practically dead would you be able to think straight enough to share the board. Also, another point, that when they first got in the water and were getting on the headboard he tried to get on but it almost flipped back on top of them. Plus it was already slightly under water with her on it(if only a couple centimeters at the most). With both of them I think it would not have stayed a float. Even more so, Jack says that when you're in the water you can't think of anything but the pain at the beginning of the movie, I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't think of anything of pain and Jack only thinking of saving her. She had never been in that kind of condition before, when you're not expecting that type of pain it hits even harder and you can barely think.(Speaking from experience here.) Just my opinion of course though.

::EDIT:: P.S. I know that they didn't really exist.

Also, from what I've looked up, there was a Jack(Joseph) Dawson on the ship, he was a cook.
Posted on: 2007/1/28 19:33
Re:

From Georgia, United States
Group:
Registered Users
Or, Jack could have just layed on top of her. lol.
Posted on: 2007/2/4 0:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.