Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic historic
  who's fault was it that the titanic sank?

Browsing this Thread:   219 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  30 Votes
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.
Re: who's fault was it that the titanic sank?

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
i believe that everything happens for a reason. thats why, i for one, don't blame anybody.
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2006/11/8 2:39
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  h2oclub
      h2oclub

From British Columbia, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
well said D>O>T no one person is to blame all things happen for a purpose. sh-t happens pue and simple. it was an accident waiting to happen. call it what you will. you can't go around blaming the dead for something that was going to happen. If not Titanic then some other poor vessal would have suffered the same fate.
Posted on: 2006/11/10 6:36

From
Group:
Registered Users
i agree and disagree, i think there is always someone that is at fault because the titanic sank because of 2 resons the most obvious reason being that the titanic hit a frikin ice berg and the other is that there was a massive amount of over confadince and arrogance that led to statementsw and actions that singed titanics death warrent but at the same time i think that everything happens for a reason and that mabey the next hitler in training could have been on titanic and died or the person that might have ended up being a serial killer but i think that it happened for a reason but that it happened because of stupidity so there is on puctiation mark in THIS sentence
Posted on: 2006/11/12 0:31
  •  brittanic01
      brittanic01

From Brunswick,Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
it was many peoples fault ranging from the wireless operator to the captain. i myself blame the person who took over the ship when the captain retired for the night if he would have steered the ship straight into the iceberg it probably would have stayed afloat because it would only flood the front of the ship which the ship could handle.
Posted on: 2006/11/17 16:32
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brittanic01 wrote:
it was many peoples fault ranging from the wireless operator to the captain. i myself blame the person who took over the ship when the captain retired for the night if he would have steered the ship straight into the iceberg it probably would have stayed afloat because it would only flood the front of the ship which the ship could handle.
true but there was only 37 seconds that passed between the time they saw the iceburg and the time it hit. that 37 seconds to think...
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2006/11/17 23:52
  •  Jordeh
      Jordeh

From
Group:
Registered Users
I have read the accounts and trials held after the sinking in New York and there are many people to blame.

1. J. Bruce Ismay, Senator Smith asked him some questions and it was found that he was pushing the Captian, and the crew to speed the ship up and light the last boilers to make 'head-lines'.

This wasn't just the Movie, it happened really. He actually left the ship when he was suppose to stay and leave when all the Passangers had left.

2. Wireless Directors, They yelled at another Wireless Director for giving them a Ice Warning. The warning was never sent to the bridge and the officers had no idea that a Ice Field Lie ahead.

3. California Captian, The Titanic Passangers saw the ships lights in the distance but the other ship (Identifyed as the California) never came to help. Their wireless director had gone to bed after the Titanic Director told him to "Shut up, keep out".
The Captian of the California saw every White Distress Flare shot by the Titanic but never went to its rescue.

Its really sad.
Posted on: 2006/11/25 17:19
  •  madhatter
      madhatter

From
Group:
Registered Users
it was caption smiths fault he new that it was the madien voage and he shouldn't of pushed the shipQuote:

lilcandycane wrote:
not all the messages made it to the bridge...jack phillips was in the middle of cape race...and was catching up on sending out passengers messages...one came in and was so close it blasted in his ears...instead of taking the iceberg message, he replied,"shut up shut up i'm busy, i'm in the middle of cape race"...captain smith had been at sea since 1888..he was a seasoned seaman..i believe that if that last message had made it to him he would have taken action...remember after bruce ismay was on the carpathia..he had a few messages in his pocket...so no the captain didn't get them all.....i don't think pinning it on one man is right...yes he was the captain...but he never knew about all the warnings...there is fault with many people that night...but i think jack phillips should have taken that last message and delieved it to the bridge...
Posted on: 2006/11/25 23:25
  •  Jordeh
      Jordeh

From
Group:
Registered Users
Well, like I said. Ismay was pushing him to speed up, also most of the Warnings never went to Captian Smith. Ismay hid them in his pocket to make Captian Smith Think is was safe to speed up a bit.

Its mainly J Bruce Ismay's fualt for the collision and the Captian of the California for the loss of so many people.
Posted on: 2006/11/26 18:08
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
The captain never had these warnings..my point was that if he had them...I'm sure he would not have put the ship in danger...to think he would do anything to risk the ship or it passengers is stupid...he was a man of the sea...he started his career in 1880...he knew the sea and he knew how to captain a ship...and he had captianed the olympic, so he knew how to handle a ship of titanic's size...

Quote:

madhatter wrote:
it was caption smiths fault he new that it was the madien voage and he shouldn't of pushed the shipQuote:

lilcandycane wrote:
not all the messages made it to the bridge...jack phillips was in the middle of cape race...and was catching up on sending out passengers messages...one came in and was so close it blasted in his ears...instead of taking the iceberg message, he replied,"shut up shut up i'm busy, i'm in the middle of cape race"...captain smith had been at sea since 1888..he was a seasoned seaman..i believe that if that last message had made it to him he would have taken action...remember after bruce ismay was on the carpathia..he had a few messages in his pocket...so no the captain didn't get them all.....i don't think pinning it on one man is right...yes he was the captain...but he never knew about all the warnings...there is fault with many people that night...but i think jack phillips should have taken that last message and delieved it to the bridge...
Posted on: 2006/11/26 18:48
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
lilcandycane wrote: The captain never had these warnings..my point was that if he had them...I'm sure he would not have put the ship in danger...to think he would do anything to risk the ship or it passengers is stupid...he was a man of the sea...he started his career in 1880...he knew the sea and he knew how to captain a ship...and he had captianed the olympic, so he knew how to handle a ship of titanic's size...

The problem is that Captain Smith did not have the best safety record. He was the captain of the Olympic when it collided with the Hawk.

On Olympic’s maiden voyage, the ship pinned and sank one of her tugboats under her stern in New York. (Although the harbor pilot was directing the ship in both of these instances, he is still in command and can override any orders)

In 1889, he ran the Republic aground off Sandy Hook at New York harbor.

In 1890, Smith ran the Coptic aground off Rio de Janeiro.

In 1909, the Adriatic ran around in the Ambrose Channel.

These ships (other than Olympic) were not anywhere near the same size as Titanic. Furthermore, the pilot that was commanding Olympic when it hit the Hawk (George William Bowyer) had over 30 years of experience himself. So I find it hard to believe that him, or Smith knew really how to handle these new ships properly (because nothing had been that size before).

Information from: The Titanic Conspiracy: Gardiner, Dan, Vand Der Vat, Dan (P 12, 48-51)
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2006/11/26 22:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.