Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:f684aa3e43="Teamtunafish"]I believe he has a centopath but I'm not sure where.[/quote:f684aa3e43]

lol i just had to look that word up in a dictionary. hmm, i will ask bess if he does, she is a bit obsessed with Herbert Pitman at the moment :? but James Moody is her fave officer so i will be ashamed of her if she doesnt know
Posted on: 2004/3/16 22:20
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
For everyone else, a centopath is basically where you go to pay your respects to people whose bodys were never found.
Posted on: 2004/3/16 22:24
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
lol, its probably only me who didnt know that. i have a dictionary right by me, because i am not the sharpest pencil in the box and i have trouble with my spelling.
Posted on: 2004/3/16 22:31
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
You sound plenty sharp to me! :D
Posted on: 2004/3/16 22:50
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
oh thank you Lee :D
Posted on: 2004/3/16 22:53
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I have a copy of Light's voice somewhere if anyone wants to hear it - he had a marvellously musical baritone.
Posted on: 2004/3/16 22:55
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
ME ME ME I WANT TO HEAR HIS VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry, i just got over-excited lol.

[quote:7b47493ec5="Teamtunafish"]OK, so why do you think he let all those lifeboats go half-illed?[/quote:7b47493ec5]

do you know, it annoys me when people make Lights out to be a villian for not letting many men go. i think his intentions were to get as many women and children off as possible and then the boats would return for the men. gee, some people i have talked to make him out to be some sort of man hater, but if he was then he wouldn't have kept the spirits up of those on the upturned life-boat and he wouldn't have risked his life to rescue those men from Dunkirk.

ok my rant is over with now
Posted on: 2004/3/16 23:00
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:28920d9a79="Teamtunafish"]I have a copy of Light's voice somewhere if anyone wants to hear it - he had a marvellously musical baritone.[/quote:28920d9a79]

How did you get that?
Posted on: 2004/3/16 23:00
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Joe, please be aware that I think [i:db9f5f52ab]very[/i:db9f5f52ab] highly of Lights, and he did a WONDERFUL job under extraordinary conditions. I have nothing but admiration for him.

He let those boats go because he ordered them over to one of the entry gangways and pick up others. The problem was the order was not carried out - hardly surprising, but it wound up putting Lights in an unfair spotlight vis-a-vie the unfilled lifeboats.
Posted on: 2004/3/16 23:08
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:266d9fcf36="Teamtunafish"]Joe, please be aware that I think [i:266d9fcf36]very[/i:266d9fcf36] highly of Lights, and he did a WONDERFUL job under extraordinary conditions. I have nothing but admiration for him.

He let those boats go because he ordered them over to one of the entry gangways and pick up others. The problem was the order was not carried out - hardly surprising, but it wound up putting Lights in an unfair spotlight vis-a-vie the unfilled lifeboats.[/quote:266d9fcf36]

LOL, i know you do Lee, i was just having a rant about it. it wasn't aimed at you, i just quoted you so that everyone would know what i was talking about :wink:
Posted on: 2004/3/16 23:12
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.