Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
JB,
A half hr. from you, oh my God I would definitely go. I am sure he would sign anything? Any Titanic book sounds good to me? I will email Dea and find out for sure if the tickets were free and any info I can and email you
Betty
Posted on: 2004/3/11 0:32
Create PDF from Post Print

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you!! I'm so excited now!! LOL :D
Posted on: 2004/3/11 0:38
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hey JB, can I ask you for a report afterwards? That would be so kuhl - I know we all here would love to find out why he's going back after saying he wouldn't.
Posted on: 2004/3/11 1:21

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
sure sure sure...I expected that everyone would want one...lol..I"ll take a million pictures, and tape it....if I can...if I can't, I"ll take notes...hehe....this is very cool. I told everyone I knew last night about this, and no one cared...it was quite funny.
Posted on: 2004/3/11 14:35
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Lol, I know - I start talking [i:207ebd03b7]Titanic[/i:207ebd03b7] and everyone either rolls their eyes or tries to inconspicuously escape the room!
Posted on: 2004/3/11 16:16
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: Ballard returning to the Titanic
Guest_Anonymous
Hi - here is more of an update - just heard this past Friday the the "kick-off" has been changed to Monday June 7th on National Geographic Channel; - will let you know the time.
Also, I noticed from the replies that some of you may have opportunity to see Ballard in Ohio - he is an incredible speaker - you must go! I will be in Washington DC end of March and I know he is scheduled to present some award to a member of and he is also supposed to discuss/announce this new expedition.
CJ (the friend!)

[quote:b7e7a5ea68="Teamtunafish"]This comes from a friend of mine:

"Robert Ballard is going back to the Titanic the end of May thru mid June. It will be in partnership with Nat'l Geographic, his Institute for Exploration and the Immersion Project. Many educational sites around the country will be hosting events and will be able to interact live with Ballard and his team of researchers.

A national geographic special is supposed to be the kick off on June 3 (not sure if it will be a public TV special, or on Nat'l Geo channel). I will let you know as soon as more info is available - but for those of you in CT, Mystic will be a viewing site; in WS- PierWisconsin in Milwaukee is a site and Mote Marine labs in Sarasota is a site and hopefully, here on Long Island, NY we will be videoconferencing it to our local schools. There are other sites that participated last year for Ballard's expedition to the black sea and I assume all are "on board" for this one too. If people are intrerested I will trry to keep you informed of the latest."

I'll keep it updated here as well.[/quote:b7e7a5ea68]
Posted on: 2004/3/13 21:14
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever
Re: Ballard returning to the Titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:f1b26a4e1e="Teamtunafish"]This comes from a friend of mine:

"Robert Ballard is going back to the Titanic the end of May thru mid June. It will be in partnership with Nat'l Geographic, his Institute for Exploration and the Immersion Project. Many educational sites around the country will be hosting events and will be able to interact live with Ballard and his team of researchers.

A national geographic special is supposed to be the kick off on June 3 (not sure if it will be a public TV special, or on Nat'l Geo channel). I will let you know as soon as more info is available - but for those of you in CT, Mystic will be a viewing site; in WS- PierWisconsin in Milwaukee is a site and Mote Marine labs in Sarasota is a site and hopefully, here on Long Island, NY we will be videoconferencing it to our local schools. There are other sites that participated last year for Ballard's expedition to the black sea and I assume all are "on board" for this one too. If people are intrerested I will trry to keep you informed of the latest."

I'll keep it updated here as well.[/quote:f1b26a4e1e]

Tuna would you try to get more info for me about the Milwaukee, WI thing. If you could I would also like some info about where he will be speaking, because I would love to go and see him. Talking to someone who knows him is not good enough. lol

Thanks!!
Posted on: 2004/3/13 22:25
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I'll do what I can - CJ, welcome to the forum, it's always nice to have a newbie so passionately interested theat they follow it so closely. Anything more from your side?
Posted on: 2004/3/14 0:17

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I just go my tickets in the mail the other day. I am not too sure about him saying much about his plans to dive back down there. I think it's more of a motivational speaker type thing. But..who knows...maybe he'll let a few little details slip!
Posted on: 2004/3/21 3:47
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
JB, Glad you received your tickets!!!!
Well no matter what Ballard talks about, at least you will get to see him
Betty
Posted on: 2004/3/21 11:09