Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  12 Votes
  •  Mrs. Andrews
      Mrs. Andrews
Re: IM GONA TRIE TO MAKE A ASECOND TITANIC

From Denmark
Group:
Registered Users
Who should sail that new Titanic, you know, keep it going? I mean who want to shovel coal all day long? And I think it polluts so much that it will be illegal to sail with it. Think about how much people talks about the CO2 today. The idea is great, don't get me wrong. I just think that it never will come out sailing and that's a shame
Posted on: 2007/4/11 12:29
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Captain Dan
      Captain Dan

From Maryland, United States
Group:
Registered Users
Well, the project discussed a few years ago involved building the ship identical in appointment, with the addition of air conditioning, but completely modern in terms of mechanicals, so coal wouldn't even be used, but deisel electric instead.

The design proposed that the ship look identical above the waterline, so much of the major visual ques, such as three of the four stacks, would be visual fakery.

Such a ship would probably require a fraction of the labour to keep it running, though it would still require a huge staff to service the passengers needs.

Daniel
Posted on: 2007/4/11 14:11
  •  starlinegifts
      starlinegifts

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I believe that Gal of Titanic is talking about making a movie. I am interested in building an "Olympic" class ship. If it takes to long to do that I would just settle for a restaurant, but keep the idea of a ship alive.

"follow your dreams"

Joseph Lawrence

www.geocities.com/starlinegifts256
Posted on: 2007/4/12 0:31
  •  Rowan
      Rowan

From
Group:
Registered Users
I would love to build a ship like Titanic, I wouldn't replicate it but I HATE these cruise ships that are floating metrpolises/theme parks.
I'd like a luxury ship where people slow down and relax. If I wanted to shop I'll go downtown to do it, not spend 5000$ to do while sailing around the Caribbean.
Posted on: 2007/4/13 23:41

From The Sea
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Captain Dan wrote:
Well, the project discussed a few years ago involved building the ship identical in appointment, with the addition of air conditioning, but completely modern in terms of mechanicals, so coal wouldn't even be used, but deisel electric instead.

The design proposed that the ship look identical above the waterline, so much of the major visual ques, such as three of the four stacks, would be visual fakery.

Such a ship would probably require a fraction of the labour to keep it running, though it would still require a huge staff to service the passengers needs.

Daniel

yeah. if some one was even going to make a 2nd Titanic it would be respectful to just atleast put smoke stakes for decoration and have steam come out * smoke is bad. not steam* and it can have modern day propelers so it will go fast and because of the WORLD WIDE FAME of Titanic it may have Very good ratings. * just put a radar abd RADIO in the ship!*
Posted on: 2007/4/14 0:01
  •  sianyystar
      sianyystar

From
Group:
Registered Users
Are you really 9?
That certainly explains a lot!

It's great that you know so much about the Titanic and if you have any dream then you must follow it but I think you should concentrate on your education as a whole rather than one subject, for example grammer. You see if you want to make a good point in a debate you need to;

Watch your spelling

Refrain from name calling i.e 'suckers'

Watch your manners and temper

Learn that everybody is entitled to an opinion
(which may differ from yours)

Now, if you do this you will come accross intelligent and mature and we can all have ourselves some great discussions!
Posted on: 2007/4/16 2:26
  •  Captain Dan
      Captain Dan

From Maryland, United States
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DANNYJ wrote:
Quote:

Captain Dan wrote:

Daniel

yeah. if some one was even going to make a 2nd Titanic it would be respectful to just atleast put smoke stakes for decoration and have steam come out * smoke is bad. not steam* and it can have modern day propelers so it will go fast and because of the WORLD WIDE FAME of Titanic it may have Very good ratings. * just put a radar abd RADIO in the ship!*

By law, it would require modern radar and radio equipment, as well as GPS and satelite radio and whatever other modern electronic wizardry is available.

As for the stacks, I'd think that no expense would be spared on such visual fakery, so steam wouldn't be a problem. They could probably even do steam in different colours.

Daniel
Posted on: 2007/4/16 13:55
  •  Kathi
      Kathi

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, and by the way: The J in J. Bruce Ismay stands for Joseph.

Posted on: 2007/4/16 17:12
  •  scousekid
      scousekid

From
Group:
Registered Users
on ebay at the moment their is a brilliant picture of the titanic painted on 5 different plates and as you put the plates together it makes the titanic and it is all mounted in a frame it is absolutally brilliant. it is a must see for any collectors.
the item number is 190106182752
Posted on: 2007/4/24 19:03
  •  CaptianTT
      CaptianTT

From
Group:
Registered Users
Makeing a second Titanic will be col but impossible. A its an awsome idea, but 2 creat a ship that was so famous 95 years ago well it wont be the same. plus no one will want to sail on a ship that has un modern things unless you mean the inside will be diffrent more modern but the out side will be the same ( that would be kool) but also some ppl who are superstios wont want to ride because they thinks theres a curse on the ship, but i would go! not trying to put down the dream just being realistic. (i would love to sail on it)
Posted on: 2007/4/24 21:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.