Poster Thread
  •  IceQueenTitanic
      IceQueenTitanic
Celine Dion

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi

I think that the movie wouldn't have become as successful as it was, without the magnificent soundtrack, from the queen of pop, celine dion. Her voice is so great, and to think James Cameron wasn't wanting to use any music at all I am the hugest fan of Ms.Dion, and i'd like to hear from other people on their views on my theory.

Love IceQueenTitanic, xx :D

P.S If you look on the back of the video box, it cleary states titanic was made in 1998 xx
Posted on: 2002/12/24 10:52
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  *Juliet*
      *Juliet*
not at all

From Las Vegas, Nevada
Group:
Registered Users
nope nope nope. not me. i think the movie's success was completely because of the cast and crew. the effects and stunts were incredible, and the actors were just breathtaking. it was the overall performance. i don't think celine dion really had anything to do with it. most of my friends mock that song...but love the movie. even i can't stand that song...i don't think it did the movie justice.
*juliet*
Posted on: 2003/1/2 7:07
  •  *Midnight~Star*
      *Midnight~Star*

From
Group:
Registered Users
I will admit...i started liking that song after i watched the movie...i agree,it is a great song....but in a way i think the movie would still have been on top without the song because it only played the music part through it,and Celion Dion was never heard untill the movie was going off,but it did definitley have a lot to do with the song when Jack and Rose was standing at the end of the boat with their arms in the air because without that music it wouldn`t have been so breath taking,so in some ways i can say the song had a little to do with it!!!
Posted on: 2003/1/8 0:41
  •  nightangel
      nightangel

From Vancouver, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
The story, cast, costumes, and set design were well done and I think the movie would have done well even if the song was not in it. But I do think the song added to the movie's appeal. I like the song; however, it got played so many times that many people have gotten sick of hearing it.
Posted on: 2003/1/16 5:46
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
well....
Guest_Anonymous
Maybe....., but most people I talked to about this, most people said that they didn't know that that song was in it. But, the people who knew, didn't even ever really listen to the words, so they didn't even know what it was about! So,....
Posted on: 2003/1/30 2:02
  •  Mr. Titanic
      Mr. Titanic
it was a combination of things

From Albany, NY
Group:
Registered Users
I think the movie succeeded because of a combination of things. Namely, her chosen cast (DiCaprio, Winslet), music, special effects, great director, and the accuarcy of events (besides the dramatized love story) that actually transpired on the night of April 14-15, 1912.
But like nightangel said, the song added to the appeal of the love story.
Posted on: 2003/2/1 22:38
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i actually don't care for celine dion or the theme song. i ADORE "the portrait" which is basically the theme song with out words, but i am not a celine fan. titanic is still my favorite movie, and i am very greatful james cameron didn't mess up the movie by putting my heart will go on by celine w. words into the movie!!!
Posted on: 2003/2/9 23:08
  •  HOTS
      HOTS

From NEVADA
Group:
Registered Users
[color=#007fff]you are right ...i loove celin dion i love here to death .... write back to me and we well be in touch.. :) :) :) :)[/color]
Posted on: 2003/3/31 5:07
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I am a great fan of Celine's music, but i think the effects and love.
Posted on: 2003/4/9 4:27
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i absolutely adore celine too. i got two of her latest cd's{A New Day Has Come,i can't remember!}. I really wanted to go to her concert in Las Vagas. :D
Posted on: 2003/4/9 4:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.