Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Speaking of modeling and having things removed...

Anyone catch that new MTV Show "I want a famous face"??? Several people undergo this surgery to get the look of their favorite star. Most of them don't look anything like them after they're done! Some think they already have somewhat of the same look.. There was this one girl who wanted Kate Winslet's figure... She said before surgery she believes she naturally looks like Kate Winslet, but with a body lift she will have her (Kate's) voluptuous body and book more modeling gigs as a plus-size model.

Kate is hardly plus size...In Titanic she was a size 4! And she's lost weight since then!

Personlly I think she looked better BEFORE surgery, she looks nothing like Kate after surgery IMO..

Another wants to look like Britney Spears (and going in she does a bit..she just looks like she got a boob job..LOL), 2 others want to look like Brad Pitt, another wants to look like J-Lo, another like Elvis and another like Pam Anderson..

The one who wants to look like J-Lo is um..well you look at the picture and decide.....
Before Surgery...
http://www.mtv.com/onair/i_want_a_famous_face/flipbooks/pre_op/images/Jessica-JLO-Pre-Surgery-Pic.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/onair/i_want_a_famous_face/flipbooks/pre_op/images/jessica.jpg

"Surgery Summary
Jessica, a pre-op transsexual, has always felt like a woman trapped in a man's body. Before participating in the show, Jessica (who was born Michael) had already undergone eight months of hormone treatment and is now legally changing his name and status to Jessica--female. "

WHY????????????
Here's a link for the full show..:
http://www.mtv.com/onair/i_want_a_famous_face/

I'm not sure why anyone would want something like that done...and majority of them are really young too...
Posted on: 2004/4/7 0:32
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
They want it done because they want work. Please don't forget how competitive this all is. This returns to [i:bafd91d9ed]Titanic[/i:bafd91d9ed] when you realize that each of those women had to stand for at [i:bafd91d9ed]least[/i:bafd91d9ed] five fittings on each gown they wore - and then get seperate fittings on underwear, shoes, gloves - good gad, it's amazing they learned to read!
Posted on: 2004/4/7 2:13

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:a0a0e9e2a9="Rosie1912"][quote:a0a0e9e2a9="JByard"]I know! How could they do that?! Ever seen the movie Moulin Rouge? Nicole Kidman wears a corset in most of that movie (actually, she broke a rib from it) and you can just see how tiny her waist is compared to other scenes where she's not wearing one....it's like, inhumaine! LOL...[/quote:a0a0e9e2a9]

Actually I've heard Corsets aren't as uncomfortable as they look... I actually want one..I've got a corset top but that isn't the same..lol

I LOVE Moulin Rouge...I actually saw the Real Moulin Rouge when I went to Paris last year... It's not very big on the outside, didn't go in as it's like $95 per person, but it includes a free glass of wine..LOL (not! It's more like entry is free but the "free" glass of wine is 95bucks..LOL)

Nicole Kidman has a tiny waist anyways..lol

I read a website..forgot the URL but something about women of the 1900's actually had their ribs removed so they could have teeny tiny waist (I've seen dresses with a waist size as small as 18") and wear the corset.. Really should find the url to that site again..[/quote:a0a0e9e2a9]

Oh I"d LOVE to go see the real Moulin Rouge!! I've only seen it on TV...which isn't the same. I'd definately pay that much just to get in...but then again, I'm weird like that...lol..I"d rather live with nothing and get to travel the world than live a luxurious life in one place and never get to travel....lol

I also heard about the rib removal thing....also heard Marilyn Manson had that done..for other reasons...but then heard he didn't...so, don't really know about that...

Size 18 waist huh? Well, I wouldn't mind that too much...LOL :D
Posted on: 2004/4/7 16:59

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:d0961053dd="Teamtunafish"]The only woman I ever heard of who did this was Anna Held, Florence Zigfield's wife - and she was an actress. But then again, there is a grand tradition of that kind of thing - when I started modelling, one of the first things I was required to do by my agency was have the back four teeth removed to give me bigger hollows under my cheekbones.

I've worn a corst many times for costumes - they're fine if you don't mind not breathing.[/quote:d0961053dd]

Your back four teeth removed?! Wow...that's just...that's....I'm speechless at the things people do in the modelling business!! There should be a movie out on TV that goes like, inside the modelling world and shows everything models have to go through...that's just amazing...lol... :D
Posted on: 2004/4/7 17:04
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
lol you should try being on a photo shoot lying on an ice-cold beach wearing nothing but a bikini and vasaline....

But they did it in other times, too. I once tried to wear a hobble skirt like they wore on [i:b38652ca6d]Titanic[/i:b38652ca6d], and it was impossible, you took these little tiny steps and it took [i:b38652ca6d]forever[/i:b38652ca6d] to walk across a room.
Posted on: 2004/4/7 17:08
  •  ERIC THE NUTTY RED HEAD
      ERIC THE NUTTY RED HEAD

From Glasgow
Group:
Registered Users
one of my m8s ex boyfriend's had big feet (he was a size 14)
and my bro is a size 12

i'm teeny thoguth i take a 5 (compared 2 my family i'm tiny)
Posted on: 2004/4/16 16:33
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i take a 5 aswell. i have the smallest feet in my family, my mum is a 8, my dad a 10. having tiny feet is a good thing in Cornwall because i get my shoes at a cheaper price than someone with bigger feet
Posted on: 2004/4/16 17:09

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
LMAO...and she's a shoe ADDICT! LOL...although, now that I have a job, I am too...so I can't knock it...lol
Posted on: 2004/4/16 22:56
  •  ForeverTheGM
      ForeverTheGM

From Portland, OR - US
Group:
Registered Users
I registered just to post how funny I think it is that everyone here has such small feet. I where size 13W. On the tongue of my shoe, it says that size 13 is 48 in Europe, 12.5 in the UK, and 32 in Mexico. Yes, I'm a guy, but most of the women I know where at least a 7.
Posted on: 2004/4/26 1:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.