Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
LOL..I know! This is my second keyboard and again, the same person...same drink spilled again! LOL...My bf gave it a shower and let it dry..so the only thing that really sticks is the P and stuff on that side...I have this friend I talk to on yahoo..and when the P would stick...he'd laugh at me because I'd keep typing not knowing it was stuck and half my sentences didn't have the right spelling...he learned to decifer (how do you spell that one??) my words after a while...lol
I guess it was harder beacause his name is Pete..and I'd call him ete..lol...
Posted on: 2004/4/6 0:05
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
LOL Ete.. funny

I've heard that if you pop out the "troubled" key and put rubbing alcohol on it (I think it's alcohol) and let it dry, it unsticks it.. Might wanna double check me on that though at a computer store or something..
Posted on: 2004/4/6 0:24
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:a2f66b6cc6="JByard"]LOL..I know! This is my second keyboard and again, the same person...same drink spilled again! LOL...My bf gave it a shower and let it dry..so the only thing that really sticks is the P and stuff on that side...I have this friend I talk to on yahoo..and when the P would stick...he'd laugh at me because I'd keep typing not knowing it was stuck and half my sentences didn't have the right spelling...he learned to decifer (how do you spell that one??) my words after a while...lol
I guess it was harder beacause his name is Pete..and I'd call him ete..lol...[/quote:a2f66b6cc6]

That's also not good for the computer (I think), but it's still kinda funny.
Posted on: 2004/4/6 4:21
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:a3401b5e76="titanic 4 ever"][quote:a3401b5e76="JByard"]LOL..I know! This is my second keyboard and again, the same person...same drink spilled again! LOL...My bf gave it a shower and let it dry..so the only thing that really sticks is the P and stuff on that side...I have this friend I talk to on yahoo..and when the P would stick...he'd laugh at me because I'd keep typing not knowing it was stuck and half my sentences didn't have the right spelling...he learned to decifer (how do you spell that one??) my words after a while...lol
I guess it was harder beacause his name is Pete..and I'd call him ete..lol...[/quote:a3401b5e76]

That's also not good for the computer (I think), but it's still kinda funny.[/quote:a3401b5e76]

Actually I don't think it does anything to your computer as if you spill something inside your keyboard it's not on the computer itself. Just the keyboard and maybe can mess the keyboard up if not cleaned out or atleast dried out. But as for affecting the computer itself, I don't think it does, just the keyboard.
Posted on: 2004/4/6 13:40
  •  chwilliams14
      chwilliams14
well about the spellings it ant my fault it is my keyboard

From
Group:
Registered Users
my keyboard is crap when i press sum keys it sticks so it dosnt spell write sorrry

but i no they dont no that on C deck the door is jamed but they think that his room is on the top of the grandstair case but it isnt at all it is on C deck to the left of the grandstair case which before he went up to the boatdeck he locked the door and it is still locked and still strong anoth to stay closed
and how i no this i dont no but all i no that it is in that room and yes i no there is $300 million dolars worth of diamonds behind that door in side the safe
on the floor tummped over covered in rust and debrie
and yes the ruybiat was on that ship and still is some were but i dont no since it kept on going from deck to deck but it could be in that room now or it could be in the second class one or the third class piersurs room
so there is a lot of rooms to check
and + there was a mummy on that ship and it was cursed and it still is by that mummy.
and dont question me but they are in that room so see ya
Posted on: 2004/4/6 15:49
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
There was no mummy on the ship - that's an urban legend. I refer you to snopes.com on that one - http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/mummy.htm . The Rubiyat is still down there. It was made of gilded stamped leather, inlaid by precious and semi-precious jewels, including diamonds, rubies, and pearls. Supposedly it was in the First-Class Pursur's safe, which has never been found.

I have a little program called WordWeb that sits in my tray and giveas me a spelling check - you can find it at http://www.wordweb.co.uk/free/ . It's free.

A lot of the rooms are no longer enterable, ch. The ship's disentigrating fairly rapidly now - someone said five more years. What a shame. I know a lot of people are against salvage, but it seems such a shame not to take things out that could mean things to people, have the [i:3ab7ca461e]Titanic[/i:3ab7ca461e] speak to them, but instead we leave them to become meaningless sludge.
Posted on: 2004/4/6 16:41
  •  7th officer
      7th officer

From NC, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Uh...C Williams, Would you care to cite a few sources for your information please? Otherwise I think it is a waste of everyone's time writing such unsubstantiated drivel...especially when it is as hard to read as your writing is.
Do you even know the origin of the 'mummy story'? It is a very well known, albeit false, story that has been around for years--no one who is the least conversant on Titanic lore takes its veracity seriously--especially considering its origins.

Perhaps I am on the wrong forum here.....
Posted on: 2004/4/6 16:51
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
chwilliams,
In "The Complete Titanic" Pg. 217 I did find a reference to diamonds. It says: It is generally understood that the vessel had aboard diamonds of great value and estimated as high as $5 million and also a large amount of bonds.
Posted on: 2004/4/6 20:45
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Teamtuna,
Do you think they will ever find the Rubiyat?
This is what Robert Ballard said in 1997 on Larry King Live. If someone were to go deep enough into the Titanic, say, into the boiler rooms or third-class cabins, there would no doubt be human skeletons. (Complete Titanic pg. 314) so why not other things like the Rubiyat and some we might not even know about. Wouldn't that be something. I also agree why let things disintegrate with the ship, everyone would love to see them on exhibit.
Posted on: 2004/4/6 20:54
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
It's possible if it was still inside a leather bag - but from what I understand, it was in a safe, unprotected - so what's left may well be scraps of leather and the hard jewels, sunk in the mud (The pearls, being organic, dissolve, as does paper).
Posted on: 2004/4/6 21:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.