Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  SimpsonsGod551
      SimpsonsGod551
Re: DA.....we're hit!!

From
Group:
Registered Users
I dont think he did it on purpose although he didnt use much common sense..he said to keep going cause he wanted titanic to get glory for how fast it could move for its size and he didnt think much about the iceberg because their always out around that time so he didnt think much about it
Posted on: 2007/12/27 5:26
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  SeaRiggs
      SeaRiggs
Re: DA.....we're hit!!

From Massachusetts USA
Group:
Registered Users
Set The record Straight PLEASE!!!!!! Ismay was not interested in speed...he had nothing to do with it...you guys are thinking of the movie. You have to check out and do some research on what really happened. It was Ismays company that wanted Ismay to ask if they could dock in NY on the evening of Tues. instead of Wed morning. Ismay was upset by how many letters the company sent asking this. (The letters were all documented proof) Ismay said he wanted the passengers to be comfortable and that was more important than speed. He never told the Capt to speed up...he never knew of any iceberg warning. Titanic NEVER even sped up. It was going just as fast as her sister ships did on that same pathway. Which was all documented in a court hearing after the titanic disaster.
It was also documented by witnesses how Ismay helped the 3rd class into lifeboats for 2 hours before he was ordered to get into the lifeboat himself. There he and another man named Carter rowed, and did whatever he could to help. He even called for more women and children...but nobody came. I think he did his best.
ok whew...I vented that one out...LOL
Posted on: 2008/1/19 20:17
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.