Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes

From
Group:
Registered Users
At last a question that i know the answer to. Molly Brown got the name unsinkable Molly Brown because while on the life boat peoples spirits were down and Molly maneged to lift them with her bubble personallity. From the life rafts they could hear squeals coming from the sea as titanic disapeared into the deep she wanted to go back and pick up the people saying thats are men folk out there but she was told to shout the F**k up and sit down and be quite or they would through her over board.
Posted on: 2004/8/7 14:06
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  mabel
      mabel

From
Group:
Registered Users
Molly Brown never got the name "Molly" until after her death in 1932. she was simly known as Margaret Brown. the name "unsinkable Molly Brown was a Hollywood invention. here is an extract from her biography on ET:

"The story began in the 1930s with the colorful pen of Denver Post reporter Gene Fowler, who created a folk tale, and sensationalist writer Carolyn Bancroft, who wrote a highly fictional account for a romance magazine that was turned into a booklet. This story enjoyed various radio broadcasts during the 1940s and was the basis for the Broadway play, "The Unsinkable Molly Brown", which eventually became the MGM movie of the same name, starring Debbie Reynolds. Even James Cameron's 1997 film "Titanic" has very little to do with the real story of Margaret Tobin Brown. After attempting to mitigate or correct the legend of "Molly," the Brown family eventually withdrew from the public and refused to speak with writers, reporters, or historians. Only recently have they agreed to cooperate with the efforts of a historian, Kristen Iversen, and allowed access to letters, scrapbooks, photographs, and many personal effects of Margaret Tobin Brown that had previously been unavailable. The first full-length biography of Margaret Tobin Brown was published in June, 1999."
Posted on: 2004/8/10 10:48

From
Group:
Registered Users
so am i incorrect saying why she got the name unsinkable? That you for that it was very interesting
Posted on: 2004/8/11 13:49

From
Group:
Registered Users
so am i incorrect saying why she got the name unsinkable? That you for that it was very interesting
Posted on: 2004/8/11 13:55
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
No you're right in saying she's Unsinkable, however she was never referred to as that until after her death I believe. And as for the Titanic she was Margaret or "Maggie" for short
Posted on: 2004/8/11 17:52

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hello Rosie i just pm you i thought that you,d fell out with me glad to see you hav,nt your the best
Posted on: 2004/8/12 11:29
  •  mabel
      mabel

From
Group:
Registered Users
sorry i didn't get back to you sooner. i have been busy.
there isnt much point in me answering because Rosie said what i was going to say LOL
Posted on: 2004/8/17 12:25

From
Group:
Registered Users
Mabel dont worry. Glad to see you back. Im always about. Both Rosie and Nosie Rosie are very helpful and if they dont have the answers go out of there way to find them and not just for me but for others. People like them make this site what it is (great). Lol collie
Posted on: 2004/8/17 14:45
  •  mabel
      mabel

From
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks colliewobbles. i am a passenger and crew researcher so if anyone needs help with that part of titanic, feel free to ask.
i have noticed that Rosie and NosieRosie are very helpful. i used to look here a while ago before and it was full of intelligent and wise people but they dont come here anymore, and the forum went dead so i thought "i'm not joining, its rubbish now" but it has come alive again with new people.
Posted on: 2004/8/18 15:11

From
Group:
Registered Users
I know what your saying.I have to hold my hands up myself as i to am guilt of posting the odd bit of rubbish and due to lazyness dont word my postings as good as i should or could. Anyway i guess the more people like them we have on this site the better it becomes. i only hope that they dont get fed up and move on.Anyway welcome back and hope you stay.
Posted on: 2004/8/19 9:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.