Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
I still have a hard time believing it.. If it were actually going to happen there'd be more articles from recent times all over the internet, it wouldn't have just been shown on tv.

thunderking - The hull or "big piece" was split up into 2 or 3 parts and are now in exhibits. There was one in Tampa earlier this year, another part is in Manchester UK and I think there's another part (maybe in PA?)..
Posted on: 2004/7/31 19:43
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen

From Isle of Wight, England
Group:
Registered Users
If there is going to be a Titanic II and I must say, it would be truly amazing if there was, it would probably only be available to everyone in America. I'm not trying to be greedy or anything but shouldn't it follow tradition of the first ship and pick up passengers from the UK and launch again from Southampton (although they would have to think about moving the QE2 first because it's in the same place as where the Titanic launched). Wow I pass where the dock is every time I go over to the mainland! :D

And think of the prices!! In todays money 1 Steerage / Third Class ticket is about 302243450 and back then it was 3022439. And some people were so rich they spent 302243840 on their tickets and that's 30224342500 (THEY MUST HAVE BEN LOADED!!!) and well not many people could afford that. Also if you are like my dad, people would be expecting a lot more onboard because back then the main entertainment was smoking or having a drink in the smoking room and maybe playing a few hands of black jack but nowadays we have TV, internet, music and a lot, LOT more.
Posted on: 2004/8/1 22:21
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
Well the show i was watching said it's going to set sail from Southhampton and take the same route that the ship did in 1912. So the president said that the Titanic will finish her maden voyage to New York

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/8/3 12:19

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
You actually saw it on TV?? How long ago?? Because I really don't see how they can make another Titanic. I mean, sure, it would be a nice thing to have happen, but if you really think about it it wouldn't work out too well. And, even if they DID make it, it wouldn't resemble the Titanic much. They'd have to adhere to the laws currently in place, which would demand enough lifeboats for everyone on board, which by the way is a law made because of what happened to the Titanic. So, deck space would indeed be clutered. Also, they'd have to install all the proper navigation devices required of all ships these days. Sonar ...etc....Not to mention all of the period decorations. How would they find the money and time to get everything inside the ship back to period furniture and accessories?? Another factor no one has thought of is the high prices of tickets. Everything in the world has gone up in price since 1912.....even 3rd class would be almost impossible to attain.
So, in essence, this really would be a much harder project to finish than most are willing to think. I mean, it would be nice if they created it.....but then again, it wouldn't be the same Titanic we have all come to know and love...and most of all respect.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/3 16:30
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
The show was on TLC and it was on in 2002 the year they were starting to build it. It said that it was going to set sail in 2005 and she was going to finish her madien voyage to New York. So i dont know if the show is really true or what. i guess were going to have to wait to find out in another year or so

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/8/7 20:44
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
The show was on TLC and it was on in 2002 the year they were starting to build it. It said that it was going to set sail in 2005 and she was going to finish her madien voyage to New York. So i dont know if the show is really true or what. i guess were going to have to wait to find out in another year or so

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/8/7 20:45
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
i would wanna see the titanic, but im not in favor for it. i mean, 1500 ppl died there, its their grave. i wouldnt feel good if somebody went and dug up my grandpa's grave. thats just wrong. plus i dont think its possible to do it just yet. were not that far in the technology.
and if they do build a Titanic II i would go to europe with it. ill be on it, even if im afraid to sail.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/9 2:43

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:c01be1e3ab="rose89"]i would wanna see the titanic, but im not in favor for it. i mean, 1500 ppl died there, its their grave. i wouldnt feel good if somebody went and dug up my grandpa's grave. thats just wrong. plus i dont think its possible to do it just yet. were not that far in the technology.
and if they do build a Titanic II i would go to europe with it. ill be on it, even if im afraid to sail.[/quote:c01be1e3ab]

See, I think they most defiantely should bring it up. How can it be a grave if it doesn't exist anymore?? One of these days, and it will be very soon, it will decay and rust away so much, that it will be totally gone. There will be nothing left of it other than what we have in museums....
I think it should be brought up and honored as a memorial. Just as graves are...but, I think the task of bringing it up will render it impossible. They should have brought it up when it was still in fairly good condition.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/10 0:02
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
no u see, it is so important bc it sunk. if u take it out the interest to it would die and the ppl would be like "oh well, the ppl died and the ship is out". do u see what im tryin to say? if they were to bring it out, it would be interestin and important for a while, but it would quiet down eventually. but if they dont its different. it holds sectrets and thats what good bout it. its like some kind of a mystery.
well i dont think i made myself very clear but thats what i can do for now. i do agree w/ u that if they dont take it out now, soon it would be too late. but just look at it from my point of view. to tell u the truth, u kinda changed my mind and im doubtin if they should bring it out or not. ur good.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/10 2:37
  •  gothic_applesauce
      gothic_applesauce

From tennesse
Group:
Registered Users
i think that i would be a good idea to raise it cause think about all of the deep info we could get on it i mean we would learn new and intresting things dont u think but then again i do understand that it is home to all of thoes dead ppl but we could honer them with a plake of some kind (plz ignore my bad spelling)
Posted on: 2004/8/12 20:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.