Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  rose89
      rose89
Re: well...

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:b70fe70419="jeannedark"]I guess we just have to wait for some years when the technology gets even smarter (we just have to hope that the ship will be waiting too).[/quote:b70fe70419]

yes but after 5 to 10 years the ship would be one with the sea floor. or so i heard.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/19 22:41
Create PDF from Post Print

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Even if we could do it now, I don't think it would make it. Have you seen Ghosts of the Abyss?? In that movie you see the Mir and Mir 2 coming up from a trip to the Titanic, and Bill Paxton threw from being naucious.....that water was cruel to them......and it is a very sturdy submersible. There is no way that fagile Titanic will ever make it out of the water intact.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/19 23:04
  •  gothic_applesauce
      gothic_applesauce

From tennesse
Group:
Registered Users
i think that we will ba able to raise the titanic but that is only in a couple of years when we have the tecnology at our finger tips and that shouldnt be to long cause we are getting smarter by the day or at least our tecnology is
Posted on: 2004/8/19 23:44
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think you realize that in a few years when "technology is at our fingertips" there will not be much of Titanic to raise. She is rapidly disinigrading and being eaten by bacteria and sea animals to live on the stuff she's made from. Even if they tried to raise her now, she's so close to falling apart by the time she reached the surface there wouldn't be much left of her..
Posted on: 2004/8/20 11:02
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:35f5e5844a="I'maTitanicluvr"]I hav heard that people way before Ballard's discovery wanted to raise Titanic. They did not know it was broken in two. Even so, it would problaby be easier and as costly to go ahead and make a new Titanic.[/quote:35f5e5844a]

Actually, not too long after the Titanic's disaster, survivors got together and approached the idea of raising the Titanic. But at that point in time, where they knew where she was, the thought of raising her was impossible. In a book I have it states something to the effect "Due to her depth and the pressure no man will ever be able to go down that deep". Thats not a direct quote and I can't get the book out at the moment to get the quote..
Posted on: 2004/8/20 11:13
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
ive thought about it and im starting to think that they should try and take the titanic out. if they cant take her out and she falls apart then she'll be one with the sea forever. it would be a little earlier but at least the people will know that they couldnt take her out not because they didnt try but because its not possible. and if they can and do take her out then it will be very good.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/8/21 0:36
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
The Titanic herself is a grave. Let her be where she is. There are people still aboard that ship that died. The artifacts I have no objection to bringing up as that is only an article, not a grave, but the ship itself IS a gravesite.
Posted on: 2004/8/21 11:23

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't have objected to raising her like, 5 or more years ago. But now she's in too fragile shape to even attepmt it. I think she wouldn't even lift off the floor before she collapsed. It's sad, and too big a risk to even attempt it.

Posted on: 2004/8/21 14:27
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
See if they try to raise the whole ship then they would have to do it in sections because it would be really hard to raise her up in the sections that broke in half. But shes already been under water for almost 100 years. and she is slowly rusting away but if you raise it then it's like digging up 1,500 peoples graves who died there that night. They would bring up all the artifacts like shoes that are marking where someone's body was and how would you feel if you knew that your relative died there that night and they go down and bring up all the artifacts? I would be upset but thats me. I mean i realy would like to see the titanic for myself but im not to sure about rasing it though, im still a little iffy for either raising it or keeping it down there.

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/8/21 14:34

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
If I persoanlly had a relative on there, I would LOVE to see it brought up. THen I know that my relative's grave will be up here forever and won't just rot away. I mean, up here we have at least gravestones that last quite a long time to mark where they are. But, down there their gravestone will only last a few more years before it's gone totally.

Posted on: 2004/8/21 14:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.