Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:69ef778feb="keepoot"]it was about a year or two ago- RIGHT after they got the big piece (succesfully) Ballard rallied to her side, her relative was a great aunt or something. she actually went as far to request that ALL artifacts recovered in the past 18 years be returned to the ocean floor. I'm just glad I'm not related to her.
good points on the grave site stuff, but, if the titanic is a grave site, so are many current arceological digs, especally the ones that are NOT accedents, but ment to BE graves. (pyramids, ancient tombs, and such)[/quote:69ef778feb]

He would, wouldn't he.... And her great aunt or something?? Wouldn't that be too disatant to win such a court hearing?? IF this story is true, she ONLY won due to Ballard. But I don't believe she did, or if she did no one is taking it seriously since artifacts are still being retrieved. Hense why Ballard took a trip down there and made it clear throughout that documentory "leave the artifacts, we have a motto, look but dont touch the ship" or whatever it was.
Posted on: 2004/9/3 17:58
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
im saying that is impossible to take her out, not because shes in pieces but because shes buried too deep.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/9/3 23:30
  •  keepoot
      keepoot

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:f6fd5b2110="Rosie1912"][quote:f6fd5b2110="keepoot"]it was about a year or two ago- RIGHT after they got the big piece (succesfully) Ballard rallied to her side, her relative was a great aunt or something. she actually went as far to request that ALL artifacts recovered in the past 18 years be returned to the ocean floor. I'm just glad I'm not related to her.
good points on the grave site stuff, but, if the titanic is a grave site, so are many current arceological digs, especally the ones that are NOT accedents, but ment to BE graves. (pyramids, ancient tombs, and such)[/quote:f6fd5b2110]

He would, wouldn't he.... And her great aunt or something?? Wouldn't that be too disatant to win such a court hearing?? IF this story is true, she ONLY won due to Ballard. But I don't believe she did, or if she did no one is taking it seriously since artifacts are still being retrieved. Hense why Ballard took a trip down there and made it clear throughout that documentory "leave the artifacts, we have a motto, look but dont touch the ship" or whatever it was.[/quote:f6fd5b2110]from what I understood, they made it law when it went to norfolk virgina about not touching anything inside the ship. outside (the debris field) was still OK. there probobly is way too much legal issue on ownership of all the artifacts removed to return them to the ocean floor: sale of the items, $$$$ changing hands, who pays to have them returned to the bottom, etc. so I'd expect nothing more to come of that. I was just using that as an example of how nutty this lady was (is). Ballard is kinda like that too, though I do feel bad that his memorial that he placed on titanic's bow was stolen by pirates. anyone else catch that on TLC during the live show, bout 2 months ago? he placed a new one next to the ship.
Posted on: 2004/9/4 3:55
  •  Screaminranger
      Screaminranger
Raise the Titanic and artifacts

From PA USA
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think they should try to raise the Titanic, it is in too fragile of a state now to do so even if it was tecnologicly possible. As for it becoming one with the ocean floor, we still have all of the photos and videos from all of the expiditions to the ship to remember her by, and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. I do not agree with the removal of the artifacts from the ship it's self because of all the damage people are causing like the collapsed promenade deck from all of the subs and stuff landing on it, and the crows nest that was there in 1985 when Dr Ballard found the ship and is now missing because someone ripped the bell off of the mast where the crows nest once was. Also, the people that are going down and retriving artifacts are doing it for money and not the preservation of the history, if they were doing it for that they would be giving them to musems and not auctioning them off to the highest bidder. Yes I know it is expensive to fund these expiditions for artifact retrival, but I think they could get grants and private investors to help fund the dives the way Dr Ballard did on his first expidition when he found the HMS Titanic.
Posted on: 2004/9/11 0:10

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, wasn't it the RMS Titanic?

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/9/11 2:43
  •  ImaTitanicluvr
      ImaTitanicluvr

From
Group:
Registered Users
I've heard of people wanting to rasie Titanic before they knew it was broken in 2. I think they'd be better off making an exact copy of it that wasn't made of iron but something a lot stronger. Plus, if they were to raise Titanic, it probably wouldn't be safe to use and would fall apart easily. If they were to make a copy of Titanic, it would be a lot stronger and safer to use. I agree with screaminranger on the artifacts. They need to go study them where they are, and make models of them to put in museums. This way, people learn about Titanic, but aren't damaging it in the process. Think copies.

-Tracy Byrd, song title is Keeper of the Stars
Picture of Tracy v
Posted on: 2004/9/11 15:38
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
i am totally for the replica of the titanic. but would it stay at one place like a museum or be a sailing ship like the real titanic?
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/9/11 17:16
  •  Screaminranger
      Screaminranger

From PA USA
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:e3a9633999="NosieRosie"]Actually, wasn't it the RMS Titanic?[/quote:e3a9633999]

HMS= Her Magistys Steamer, RMS= Royal Mail Steamer, SS= Steam Ship
I have heard her called all three at one point in time or another, But yes, RMS is what I have heard the most, Sorry for my mistake.
Posted on: 2004/9/11 17:20

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I am aware of what HMS, RMS and SS mean...I was just trying to point out I remember it being referred to as RMS Titanic. :)

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/9/17 0:02
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
i think shes always been the RMS Titanic. i dont know if anybody's called her anything else.
~ ~
Posted on: 2004/9/18 0:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.