Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Titanicluvr91
      Titanicluvr91
Books

From Chester,VA,USA
Group:
Registered Users
I wasn't sure where to put this. So, I just put it here.

What are some of the best books about the Titanic. I wanna get some in September for my birthday, but im not sure which ones to get.
Posted on: 2004/8/2 20:53
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Do you want novels with fictional stories on Titanic or actual books on the ship??

Discovery's Titanic The Worlds Greatest Ocean Liner is a great one with many photos.

Shadow of the Titanic is Eva Hart's story, while I haven't gotten around to reading it yet I think it's more a biography on her life with a mention on Titanic, maybe someone else here has read it.

Last Dinner on the Titanic is good to recreate the dinner as it's got the recipies

882 1/2 Answers to your questions on the Titanic is full of questions, I've heard some aren't fully accurate though but it's still an interesting book.
Posted on: 2004/8/2 21:46
  •  Titanicluvr91
      Titanicluvr91

From Chester,VA,USA
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for those I will be sure to check them out.I would like to read both kinds of books.Sorry, for not saying earlier.
Posted on: 2004/8/3 1:11
  •  Betty
      Betty
Books

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Rosie, I have and have read "Shadow of the Titanic" and you are right it was mostly about her life before and after Titanic. While I like reading about her life I was more interested in Titanic. Will get back to you on how many chapters were on her adventures ON Titanic.
Posted on: 2004/8/3 14:02

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:e6e173adfb="Rosie1912"]Do you want novels with fictional stories on Titanic or actual books on the ship??

Discovery's Titanic The Worlds Greatest Ocean Liner is a great one with many photos.

Shadow of the Titanic is Eva Hart's story, while I haven't gotten around to reading it yet I think it's more a biography on her life with a mention on Titanic, maybe someone else here has read it.

Last Dinner on the Titanic is good to recreate the dinner as it's got the recipies

882 1/2 Answers to your questions on the Titanic is full of questions, I've heard some aren't fully accurate though but it's still an interesting book.[/quote:e6e173adfb]

I have "The Last Dinner on the Titanic" and I agree, it is a very good book to recreate dinners. Plus, I has some other tidbits about some passengers, where they sat and such.
I much liked the book made about Cameron's film. It was VERY interesting to read how tha tmovie came about. I'd recommend that one. I believe it's called, "James Cameron's Titanic"

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/3 17:11
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Rosie, I found my copy of "Shadow of the Titanic" There are 12 Chapters are five are mostly about Eva Hart's experiences regarding Titanic and the other 7 are about her life before and after her Titanic experience.

So, you can judge for yourself as to whether you would want to read it or not.
Posted on: 2004/8/3 18:36
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Another good one on Cameron is "Titanic and the making of James Cameron" by Paula Parsli (I think is how her name is spelled).
Posted on: 2004/8/3 18:37
  •  Titanicluvr91
      Titanicluvr91

From Chester,VA,USA
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:3ace030b16]I much liked the book made about Cameron's film. It was VERY interesting to read how tha tmovie came about. I'd recommend that one. I believe it's called, "James Cameron's Titanic"[/quote:3ace030b16]
I searched that on the Barnes and Noble site an there were like three of them, they are all the same,right? I know that one of them is illustrated,but thats probally the only difference.
Posted on: 2004/8/4 3:43

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
ya know, I have 2 copies of that book. If you want it, I could sell it to ya for like $10 ish....? I have a hard back and a paper back..... interested?

Posted on: 2004/8/4 4:21

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
ok, I've looked through my collections...and I actually have that James Cameron one about the production of the movie...and the Last Dinner on the Titanic...If you wanted I could sell them both to you for $20 al together plus shipping. It's up to you tho...

Posted on: 2004/8/5 22:51
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.