•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  8 Votes
Re: Not the Titanic but the Olympic sank !

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
It is one of (if not the most) popular threads on this site. Besides neither you nor myself can fully without any shadow of a doubt it was not switched. As I have said before I do not believe it, but I can't completely prove it. If we look at all the evidence then our educated guess states it was not switched and indeed 'Titanic' did sink. But again we can not conclusively prove it. Even though there is a great mass of evidence against it, which is very evident on the wreck. Nothing at the wreck site has ever had '400' printed on any item (Olympics number) everything says 401. Couple that with the other big differences between the ship's constructions, we find there was no switch. But even after all that and more, I can't say for sure, nor can anyone, all we can do is make a constructive estimate which from my point of view says, ' RMS Titanic' foundered by an accident on it's maiden voyage.
Posted on: 2005/4/7 13:44
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
it's the most popular topic because we've posted about 40 times on why it should be closed. you are right though. there is a slim enough chance that it was the tolympic and not the titanic, but that is about as much a chance as winning the lottery
Posted on: 2005/4/7 21:18

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
But there has been 263 posts on it, so even if we say there has been 40 posts saying it should be taken off ( which there has not been, more in the region of 10) so 263-40 that is 223 posts. That is a lot of debating, and which is why it stays a popular form. One other way know this is; look at the number of times it has been viewed in relation to the other topics.
Posted on: 2005/4/7 21:23

From
Group:
Registered Users
this subject has been disproven by ethier an R.M.S. Titanic co. expidition or a later robert ballard one but they disproved it by looking at the stamp on the boilers that when made were stamped with the hull number given to the ship by harland & wolff and when they searched the near the stern section were they first found that boiler and they checked the stamp diproving that thereoy and even if they switched the boilers out and the turbines out that some worker would have noticed and 1 more thing is that it would have cost Lord pirrie more to do these steps than it would have cost more than he would have lost.
Posted on: 2005/4/8 2:02
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
people have been viewing this topic a lot. new users and anonymous users will be browsing the discussion forum when all of a sudden the see something that says "it wasn't the titanic that sank it was the olympic". that pops out in their mind so they think (thought bubble appears) "hey i didn't know that. i'll check it out. i thought that the titanic sank. maybe i'm not the biggest titanic fan in the world." and there's the reason for all of the views. plus i still don't get what there is to discuss against this topic. the only thing that has really been brought up is the fact (amazing as it is) that it wasn't really the olympic that sank. IT WAS THE TITANIC!!! (another thought bubble appears) "i didn't know that"
Posted on: 2005/4/8 11:33

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I agree, things like that, and other's, really do show up this theory for what it is, that said, there is always something that throws up the possibility. Even though, it is ridiculous, things like the boiler stamp. But if we take the boiler stamp, I think they where steel were't they? If so, melting the 400, and re-stamping it 401, is not all that difficult, it'll take a little while, but it is not as if, it could not of happened. I agree that the 'Titanic' went down; there is too much evidence to support it. There are only little things that would suggest it was Olympic.

Cya,
Posted on: 2005/4/8 16:05
  •  Captain_Jack
      Captain_Jack

From
Group:
Registered Users
You know it, Ballard knows it, I know it and 90% of the group know it was the Titanic that lays the on the ocean floor. The Olympic made its last voyage on the Southampton to New York route and on its return it was laid up at Southampton. In September it was sold to Sir John Jarvis for £100,000. It was then resold to Metal Industries for breaking on the condition that it was done at Jarrow in order to relieve unemployment there. On 19 September 1937 the hulk was towed to Inverkeithing for final demolition.

http://www.ocean-liners.com/ships/olympic.asp

They can't dispute that the Olympic was scrapped out with any facts at all just some coincidental issues. This issue is always left mute when the topic of the "Not the Titanic but the Olympic sank!" There are always those that want to perpetuate a conspiracy for one reason or another. You have the group that says man has never walked on the moon, there is the Hangar13 UFO, the Kennedy assassination and you can go on and on. Next will be crop circles of the Titanic.
Posted on: 2005/4/8 16:17
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
yeah. the other 10% either don't care, or they're sitting in a mental rehabilitation institute debating on whether or not to jump.
Posted on: 2005/4/10 13:04
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
If you wenyt up to a normal person who was on the street and didn't care about titanic they would still say it was titanic that sank because many ppl have never heard of the other ships and most ppl know something about titanic because they knew there was a film out about it.
Posted on: 2005/4/10 19:22

From California
Group:
Registered Users
Sigh!

-Rose (Kate Winslet)
Posted on: 2006/6/30 11:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.