Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
Re: Movie's effect on the real ship

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
People people, I am just telling my opinion. In the back of my mind I am judging each and every new person I see come on this site. And, I simply told you all how I go about doing it. It's my opinion. It's not a law, or written in stone. it's just me. So don't come on here yelling at me about it. you all love Titanic, and that's great. I'm just saying the I label you all. (Even tho that's not nice to do. ) :)

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/12/12 14:24
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
LoL at least you're honest!

Jessica
Posted on: 2004/12/12 15:10
  •  Icestar
      Icestar

From Helsinki, Finland
Group:
Registered Users
It is totally normal to label people, because it is easier to remember a certain person by creating an image of him/her with the help of our past. But at the same time one can make a huge mistake by assuming something totally incorrect!!! And the worst kind of example is racism. I'm NOT accusing anyone, but I just want to remind that labeling people is acceptable as long as it doesn't prevent one from meeting new people.
Posted on: 2004/12/12 20:54

From home!! im finally home!!!
Group:
Registered Users
even though titanic is just a real story, the added details (for instance- jack and rose) actually taught me something: live your life like you are going to die tomorrow. i know it sounds hard (it is) and i tottally dont do it, but try not to push things off. whatever you can do now, do now. of course, you won't die tomorrow but something more important might come up and you will keep pushing it off until you forget about it altogethor.
good luck!!!
Posted on: 2005/4/26 12:26
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
the movie, in my opinion, made people realize just what a great and beautiful ship the titanic was, and of course how incredibly sad it was when it sank and all those thousands of people died. i think that effect is totally positive.
also, the story of jack and rose is so amazing it makes people want to study and learn more about the titanic.
Posted on: 2005/4/26 13:06
  •  Captain_Jack
      Captain_Jack

From
Group:
Registered Users
I can tell a Titanic movie buff from a Titanic history buff by the posts they make. A movie buff asks about the ship and the Titanic historian answers posts. A movie buff asks if Rose loved Jack and a Titanic historian asks about points of fact & detail. Last the buff asks everyone to look up a question and the true Titanic historian loves to personally get buried in the research by themselfs.
What did the movie do? I guess it started a totally new branch of Titanic followers.
As Star Trekkies say, "Live long and prosper."
As Star Warriors say, "May the force be with you."
As Titanics say, "I'm the King of the World."
Posted on: 2005/4/28 23:36

From Manchester England
Group:
Registered Users
Its a problem in many ways its like 2 cdiffrent types of intrest really the problem is that when reaserching for titanic stuff you get loads of rubbish movie stuff that you need to look through to find what you really want! Well said captianJack I agree with you 100%.
Posted on: 2005/4/29 1:43
  •  401fanatic
      401fanatic

From England
Group:
Registered Users
A documentary that my uncle recored was called 'The Titanic and Beyond' (I'm not sure on the title) I was about the movie being made and James said that everything that didn't involve Jack and Rose really happened and it was supported by research as James had Titanic historians to make the picture as accurate as possible. I think that so far James Cameron's 'TITANIC' is the most accurate of them all.
Posted on: 2005/6/10 12:35
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
I agree, Cameron's "Titanic" is incredibly detailed and accurate. I responded to a topic in which inaccuracies (such as the statue of liberty being the wrong color) were being discussed. Most of these inaccuracies are just silly and aren't worth mentioning. For every inaccurcy, there are 10 things that were done perfectly. Even some of the lines that "Jack and Rose" spoke were taken from history, some of their actions were taken from history, and of course there were many people who were in their shoes that night. So even the fictional part of the movie was accurate in some respects. The ship's detail was unbelievable and certainly very impressive. That is what impressed me the most, one of my favorite scenes was when the engines were getting going.

Anyway, I've said this before, there's no point in pointing out the inaccuracies because chances are Cameron knows it already and probably kicks him self everytime I sees them. Every artist does this, it's much worse if you are a perfectionest.

Jessica
Posted on: 2005/6/10 19:17

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
the statue of liberty being historically inaccurate and seeing camera crew in the reflection of the windows messes up with the films continuity, and can ruin it When the dome shatters water spews through and yet there is no water coming through the windows below so how in Gods earth does that work, the set of the ship was not full size, around 160feet to small, the geography of the ship was wrong, and it creates a false image of the ship and what it was and is now. Some of there ARE silly mistakes but some are an obvious glamorization by Hollywood and affects the ship, is it positive or negative, well it’s a bit of both.
Posted on: 2005/6/10 19:22
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.