Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Deck C of the Titanic
Guest_Anonymous
Here's a question I hope someone can answer. I recently saw the 3D IMAX adventure "Ghosts of the Abyss". While searchingthe various sections of the Titanic with the robot cameras Jake and Elwood, dialogue was heard stating that they must stay away from Deck C. Can anyone explain why?
Posted on: 2003/5/1 2:20
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Mr. Titanic
      Mr. Titanic

From Albany, NY
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't seen that movie yet. Without seeing the movie first hand I can only guess as to why.
First, there could be reasons as stated in the movie itself.
Or it could do something to the ship itself. My bet would be that the deck above C deck has either been caved in or perhaps there is so much debre that they would stir up so much sea floor dirt and soot that they wouldn't be able to see though the clouds of dirt. Maybe they could not get the robot cameras through those areas due to the debre.
Posted on: 2003/7/7 20:54
  •  amanda_mg42
      amanda_mg42

From Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
According to Dr.Ballard, the reason they could not go to Deck C was because the further down in the ship they go the higher of a chance they have of getting caught on something. Even though didn't they attempt to go to the mail storage room?
Posted on: 2003/9/3 0:40
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
:o :o Well from what i know james camron went down to D deck into the dinning saloon. So the further down u go probably dosnt effect anything but remember when the orante dome broke open it created a waterfall which ripped the staircase from its iron foundations (which is y there isnt much of a stairwell in the ship) so everything that was floating around (furniture, parts of dome, even parts of staircase) could have been washed into C deck when the ship was sinking and falling to the bottom. Another reason could be that some of the oak pillars could have rotted away causing damage and C deck to colapse!! :shock:
Posted on: 2004/1/30 0:08
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Oh can u PLEASE PLEASE tell me how i can go see gohsts of the abyss i heard they made a book about it. My email is :o :!: :wink:
Posted on: 2004/1/30 0:11
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
:wink: :shock: :? :? :? Does anyone know the whereabouts of the dome. The dome did crash but what about the wrought iron used in it could it be at the bottom of the staircase shaft :?:
Posted on: 2004/1/30 0:16
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if Ghosts of the Abyss will be coming out on DVD or video any time soon?
Posted on: 2004/2/27 4:20
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Titanic4ever and Anthony

Ghosts of the Abyss will be out on DVD April 27th. The price will be $29.99

Titanic, look through the forum there is a whole post on the subject Ghosts of the Abyss.
Hope this helps
Posted on: 2004/2/27 12:27
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
I did not get to look through it, because I was busy yesterday so I thought I would just ask, but now I should have a little more time to look at it. Thanks again. I will have to mark that date down.
Posted on: 2004/2/27 15:40
  •  Lights
      Lights
C-Deck...Don't Go There

From
Group:
Registered Users
Although I haven't got to see "Ghosts of the Abyss" yet :( I should think that the concerns are structural...maybe having something to do with the break-up or then downblast which hit the ship after she hit bottom...I should think there would have been some pancaking of the decks but only a guess at this point.
Posted on: 2004/2/28 19:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.