Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  Bandy
      Bandy
Closed wall titanic/olympic tgheory

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hello, i am from slovakia and i am sorry for my grammar mistakes... I want ask this: i have many photos in titanic book and on one of those photos is titanic and above it olympic - two sister ships. It´s ok. But i don´t understand, why there, and no just there, but everywhere, is wrote, that between the titanic and olympic was just one bigger difference: that titanic has closed the "A" deck and olympic had opened the promenade deck "A", and that the titanic had unsteady separated the windows on deck "B".I read in book that dr. ballard found the titanic, but he couldn´t find the exact titanic epigraph wrote on the wreck, and that he found one "wall" inside the wreck, that was built just in olympic. So if i good understood, he think, that 14.april 1912 it was olympic which went under the water-this is wrote in my book. And now comes my most important question: Did somebody saw difference, that i found, between the two ships: Titanic has on photo just eight(8) windows on captain deck-or what is it-where is the direction wheel and engine controllers-control center(i don´t know the exact name of this part of ships-under the first ship funnel, but olympic is having on photo nine (9) windows-one more as titanic. DID SOMEBODY ANOTHER FIND ALREADY THIS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO SHIPS!?I think, that this is giant difference and i newer saw or heard in any book or document in tv, that somebody was talking about this differnece of two ships!!!
Posted on: 2005/2/24 7:27
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: Closed wall titanic/olympic tgheory

From Santo domingo,DR and New york
Group:
Registered Users
titanic was the sister of olympic. they look much alike. Olympic almost had the same shape as titanic.
Posted on: 2005/2/24 17:40

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Titanics BIG distinguishing feature from Olympic was the A-deck promanade, however at launch she had an open A-deck and the deck below that was evenly spaced was also changed later on. I think the reason was they added something so they had to make these changes to the exterior. The A-deck on Titanic was not closed untill march 1912. If its olympic that sank which I think ou are impliing then it was olympic that got the enclosed promanade, but there are many problems with doing that, one being the ships layout on the inside is not exactly the same.
Posted on: 2005/5/29 18:39
  •  coolguy
      coolguy

From MY COMPUTER
Group:
Registered Users
excellent way of putting it bell and your quite right
Posted on: 2005/5/29 18:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic